“GREAT place to re-charge”

Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Utica
Joliet, Illinois, United States
“GREAT place to re-charge”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

easy to get to, very clean and fun place to stay for the weekend, PLUS so close to Starve Rock State park. freindy staff - alway asking if we needed something. never need to leave the resort to get anything. all was right there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eddie L
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you so much for this perfect review! I absolutely agree that this is such a great location as we are nuzzled between three state parks and have great amenities to enjoy after a long day of adventure, exploration and hiking.

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you back for many future visits!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I recently completed a stay at the resort with 6 adults and 5 kids ranging from 14 years to 4 months. The resort was perfect for my 3 year old twin nieces. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was wonderful. I requested an extra blanket and it felt like as soon as I hung up I got a knock on the door with our blanket. My only complaint is a little pricey for the size of the water park, we paid similar prices to stay at Great Wolf Lodge and their indoor water park is significantly bigger. We enjoyed story time, crafts and watched a movie upstairs, it was well organized and the kids had a great time. The indoor amusement park was great and the ride operators were attentive and friendly. Severe storms came through while we were there and a tornado touched down about 7 miles away. The staff handled themselves extremely well and calmly ushered everyone into the bathrooms while we waited out the tornado warning. They offered us water and did a great job of keeping everyone calm. I was extremely impressed with how it was handled!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Christina_p713
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for writing this grand review! I completely agree that the staff at the resort is absolutely wonderful and very attentive. I am so sorry that anyone had to endure the weather on Sunday and the resort is certainly sending love and prayers to those devastatingly affected by the storm. I am very happy to hear that the children enjoyed craft, story and movie time, as well as, the other amenities offered on property.

Thank you again and please be sure to like Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear resort on Facebook for special deals and promotions. I hope for an opportunity to welcome you and the family back for a future visits.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2013

very family friendly and perfect for all ages good times and we all had a great time the story time and the coloring contest was perfect for the little ones in the fmaily it was a great time to relax and wind down before we put them to bed for the night the water park was very well organized and had something for every age group during out stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Wow, thank you for this grand review about your family reunion at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort and I certainly agree that the property really does have amenities for all ages. Children love enjoying Grizzly Jack and Grand Bear tell their story by the fireplace in the main lobby. The resort is also launching an additional story time this weekend and at different times throughout the holidays, which is featuring an esteemed local story teller.

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you and your family back for many more grand memories!
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Accommodations were recommended by the bride and groom after the reception. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom town home unit of 4 units. Unit was very clean and inviting and contained anything you would need for an extended stay. While we were there our grandson enjoyed the wave pool and the park and train ride. After we departed, we realized that we accidentally left our 2 year old grandson's favorite "blankie" and toy. We called the hotel and the manager of the cleaning crew found it in the sheets and put it aside for us to pick up. They were very accommodating of our request. I would highly recommend this resort for an extended vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for writing this grand review on Trip Advisor. I agree that the Vacation Villas are a nice, cozy, retreat. I am so glad to hear that your grandson enjoyed the indoor water and amusement park, as well as, the train shuttle around the property!

Thank you so much for coming to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort and I hope for the opportunity to welcome you and your family back for many more future visits.
Oak Forest, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a great time, staff was very friendly and helpful. Kids loved the amusement park although there were some rides out of order. My only complaint was to much chlorine in the water park and the water was too cold and no internet connection. But overall had a great time and we are definitely planning on going back : )

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you very much for writing this grand review - I'm so glad to hear that the children enjoyed the Enchanted Forest indoor amusement park. There is internet service in the lodge and the resort is working to have WiFi throughout the entire property. I know I look forward to having web access in the Luxury Cabins and Vacation Villas. Thank you again and I hope to welcome you and your group back for many future visits.
Flossmoor
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We exchanged RCI points for this hugh Villa. Could have accommodated three times plus more folks - probably more - overall, suitable for families who can take advantage of the water and amusement, on site, facilities. We did not do the latter, but spent most of our time in the surrounding, beautiful state parks - hiking and either eating in at our units adequate kitchen (some basic items like towels, paper towels, and some other kitchen ware not supplied) or an excellent restaurant - not to be missed, Cajun Connections - say hello to Ron from us (a real "character"/great cook), without a unit radio or, in our case, a much assumed PBS station to view on its oldish, no DVD TVs.

This resort does not yet recycle (bad public relations and sustainability decision of this 8 year old resort - in our opinions), does offer recommended list of places to go, eat, etc., yet maintenance of such items as gas fireplaces is mixed and light bulbs, seemed to us not pro-active. Front desk seem sincere, but not always effective is timely problem solving.

Room Tip: size, so you don't get lost in a space much larger than you will ever use well!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay and I am so glad to hear what a grand time your group had! I will certainly say hi to Ron for you. And I completely agree that time is well spent at our neighboring state parks.

Thank again and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back for future visits
Itasca, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great place. The water park is fantastic! We stayed in the deluxe family suite. Love the separate bedroom and balconies. Room could have more lighting and be able to seat more people to eat dinner in the room. The breakfast buffet was good and reasonably prices, but does not include drinks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Grizzly_Jacks_Resort, Sales Coordinator at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
This is great! I am so glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your time at Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort. I also love the Deluxe Family Suite option. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. I have made notes about lighting and the possibility of including a beverage station with the delicious Grand Express Buffet.

Thank you for coming out to visit and I would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Best Western Oglesby Inn
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort? Share your experiences!