Review Highlights

Good home cookin

Reviewed 22 September 2018
Marge L
Galesburg, Illinois

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Traveling through the area, we happened across this nice, family owned “mom and pop” bar/restaurant. While we only had time for a quick breakfast before hitting the road I’ll say we slowed down and relaxed for a bit because we liked the homey local feel of Joy and Ed’s. The breakfast was simple fare (bacon and eggs, etc.) but it’s what my family likes for breakfast and it was fast and well prepared. The coffee was great and the waitress was very nice. I would stop here for a meal again without any hesitation.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Small mom and pop restaurant good value great food. We love breakfast and we like to frequent mom and pop restaurant during our travels. Glad we ran across this one. Well worth your time small comfortable homey atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stopped at this restaurant for breakfast after noticing it the night before when leaving a very poor tavern almost next door. The staff were very friendly, the food was good. The prices were reasonable and the restaurant itself and washrooms were clean. It looked like the owners took pride in their establishment. Wish we had skipped the tavern next door, the night before and stopped here for dinner. We would definitely visit again and would recommend to others.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We took our grandsons here and they absolutely loved the food. Both had biscuits and gravy. We had American Fries (the best) with perfectly scrambled eggs and crisp bacon. Everyone cleaned their plates. Gina is the best server! Go today!! Delicious

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a hot afternoon and was not disappointed. The menu was simple but diverse enough with specials posted. My wife and I ordered paninis which were quite good. (I could have done without the pesto spread but next time I will ask them to hold it. And there will be a next time. ) Service was great and the price was right.

1  Thank chennessy2018
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The food is very good here. The price is very good on their food. The staff is very friendly and helpful here.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went to get some breakfast. The price was right, food pretty good and the coffee even better! Very friendly people. We liked it so much we went back the day too!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I eat there every time I am in Utica. Food is good, prices reasonable, and Gina is efficient and friendly. Menu is simple and varied - just good quality. Will be back in just a few days.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Our group of five stopped in here after hiking in Starved Rock State Park. There were other places in Utica that were busy but I'm glad we landed in here. Quaint little dinning room attached to a bar next door. Server was great. Had beers. Ordered the cheese curds and onion rings for starters. Most of us had the burgers. Outstanding and juicy with all the accompaniment's. Chicken dinner and pasta were said to have been great. Prices were very reasonable. Got done eating. Went next door for one round and listen to half dozen songs on digital juke box. Bartender very was nice.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This quant place has good food, great service, and the bar area is separate from the dining area. Great service and moderate/economical prices.