“Great Fun time for a couples trip”
Review of Landers House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utica
Landers House
Ranked #1 of 1 Utica B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband & I stayed in the caribou cabin and it was great. We Loved it. It was very private and we did not have to go thru the main house to get in and out of our cottage. We hiked at Starved Rock and then took part in the "taste of Utica". Our cabin was clean and very comfortable. Also, breakfast was great and the staff was VERY helpful. The only small negative was how loud the air conditioner was. But, overall a very nice 24 hours away for real LIFE.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed here for a 1 night get away after visiting Starved Rock State Park. The main house is in need of a paint job, but I'm glad we didn't let first impressions deter us. We stayed in the Serengeti Cottage. The furnishings were clean & comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was well worth the wait and delivered to our cottage. The downtown business district is just around the corner - all 1 block of it - but we were able to pick up the few things we needed there. After a day of hiking, the whirlpool tub was a great relaxer. You could stay near by in a bare bones motel for half the price, but if you're not pinching pennies, this was a delightful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at Landers House at the end of June and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in Creel Cottage, which is very private and very quiet. The downstairs sitting area is spacious and comfortable, there is a wet bar area with a fridge and coffee pot (an absolute necessity for me in the morning), and the two-person jacuzzi was spotless (and felt great after a day of hiking at Starved Rock State Park). The queen-size bed is in a loft area, and is very comfortable. Landers House is within walking distance of cute shops and restaurants. And the breakfasts are awesome - way too much food, but definitely delicious! I would love to go back and stay there again - it was a fun, relaxing, romantic getaway!

Room Tip: The cottages are spacious and private.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and mysefl stayed here for our "almost-honey-moon." We were very please by the whole place! Mary Beth is the best! All types of families are very welcome here even for it being such a small down place. We stayed in the African Safary type room it was amazing. No complaints what so ever. Also note is it right next to "down town" so bars,pubs, and eateries are in walking distance, the canal is in walking distance, the ice cream place is in walking distance, the 2004 Tornado Memorial is in walking distance. Utic is my favorite small town in all of Illinois!

Room Tip: Any room offers the same privacy and comfort as the next.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This B&B was convenient to downtown Utica (less than a block from the main street) and Starved Rock State Park (a short drive). It was clean and decorated in a cute way. The room was spacious. The owners were very nice. And I do like that for breakfast, they have set up individual tables, rather than having to share a table with strangers. But if I'm going to pay $220 for 1 night at a B&B in a small town when it's not even tourist season, I just expect more.

At other B&Bs I've been to that charge these kinds of prices, they provide cutesy amenities, like board games, movies, afternoon snacks, and of course, a delicious breakfast. This B&B's similar amenities just seemed sort of downtrodden in comparison.
At the time we were there, it only had one board game available that I had never heard of.
They had a selection of movies available, but they were VHS! And there was only a tiny tv in the downstairs parlor that had a VHS player, like the kind of tv/vhs combo that I used to have in my dorm room. If they provided DVDs instead, we could have taken them to our room to watch on our computer which had a bigger screen than the tv.
We arrived later in the day, but as far as I know, there was not an afternoon snack, like homemade cookies.
The breakfast visually looked pretty but sadly was a little weird - an odd combo of eggs on an English muffin but with lettuce and mayonnaise. I've never heard of putting mayonnaise on eggs.
The bed was not particularly comfortable.

Overall, there wasn't anything overtly bad about our stay. But the experience just didn't live up to the price that was charged. If you can get a better deal on it, then it has the basics to make for a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Great retreat from reality. Able to relax 100%. Super clean. Mary was very welcoming and friendly. Wonderful breakfasts. We will definitely return and recommend staying. We stayed in la noche and loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Just steps from the Utica downtown area restaurants, shopping and August Hill Winery. A short drive to Starved Rock State Park. The staff was fantastic, the room was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The bathroom in the Safari Suite is very small but right outside the room door is a much larger bathroom so it really wasn't an issue. Breakfast was delicious and more then I could finish.

We will definately make this our go to place from now on when visiting Utica.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for one of the rooms set back off the main road. Wh...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa7761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Brightwood Inn
Brightwood Inn
#1 of 1 in Oglesby

Been to Landers House? Share your experiences!