“What a little gem”

OK Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I must have passed this place hundreds of times on the A1 and I always wanted to go in! So many times these places disappoint though. This certainly wasn't the case here. The diner is authentic, they play the right music! The staff were helpful and the place was very clean. The food was excellent value, milkshakes are a bit more expensive but they have loads of ice cream in them and are amazing! Wednesday's are £6 for any 6oz burger and fries. I had the BBQ burger which was excellent. Kids meal, pudding and a drink just £4.75 coke is £2.05 with free refills. Could not fault the place and I will definitely be back! It is Frankie and benny's but without the pretence and half the price! If it was in the town centre it would be so popular! Can't wait to go back and try the breakfasts!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped here on way back from a long bank holiday day out and just wanted somewhere quick, but with good decent food. We got that as well as some lovely friendly staff who coped brilliantly with my over tired 3 year old. Would happily come here just for the top dollar shakes (strawberry in my case) but the hot dog and chicken platter also yummy.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having stopped at one of the chain northbound previously, we decided to stop at the Southbound one on a journey south instead of our customary Little Chef. Pleased to say we weren't disappointed. We were shown straight to a table ordered drinks then food and were dining in reasonably quick time.There's a nice selection to go for and I chose one of the burgers and a banana milkshake which is made from real banana. The place has a great atmosphere and we enjoyed our food. Unlike many fast food 'joints' - the venue was clean including the toilets.
One tiny gripe - the banana milkshake could have done with slightly longer in the blender - my straw got blocked a couple of times with pieces of banana - proves its real though.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Having driven past the OK diner a few times previously, my wife and I decided to stop one Friday evening on our way south. Both very hungry we parked up and walked in. The buzzer went and we waited patiently to be seated. The restaurant was half full with a lady waiting tables and a young lad clearing tables. We waited and waited and waited... but nobody came over, not even to assure us that we would be seated momentarily! So we continued to wait for a further 4 mins until I jokingly suggested to my wife ''shall we walk out and back in again?''. Having given someone a good 6 mins to notice us, we left feeling very disappointed and very hungry. Was a shame because the food looked great. Would have understood if they were busy but to not even acknowledge that we were there was distinctly un-American and not very professional! :-(

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This weekend was a family weekend granparents and great nanny visiting, having had a slightly disappointing meal in our usual place, we decided to stop at the New Fox OK diner what a difference, very good service, Good hot food, we were a group of 5 adults and two very small children, the staff made this meal so helpful, fun and very knowledgeable on the menu, so much so that we decided then to go back the next day bank holiday Monday for breakfast if it was possible,this was an even better experience, we had a cracked glass which was instantly replaced and the fussy eater with us was catered for with ease, We will be making this a regular stop on our visits