OK Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had often driven by these on the motorway and vowed never to go in...however we received a recommendation and decided to give it a whirl since we love a good American burger! Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised and would definitely return. It was way more American than I expected (I often feel in the UK we do a poor imitation) and there was some good flavour there! Also this place must be very popular as it soon filled with families and couples which i could only assume were regulars! Worth a try!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Plenty of vegetarian options if you are on the road, and the milkshakes are yummy. Food is a little bland but I guess you expect that of American Diners. It seemed a little shabby compared to other OK diners we have been to.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We've used most of the OK Diners in the past and this one on several occasions. We've never had a problem before but on this visit we were brought the wrong drinks, no problem, but were then presented with an incorrect food order. We didn't have time to wait for this to be corrected and just accepted what had been supplied.

Can't say we will be rushing back.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We always stop here on a long journey, as it's much nicer than standard motorway services fare. Free refills on the drinks too! The desserts especially are really tasty. I had a burrito which was ok, usually have a tasty burger and will go back to that next time. My husband had a pulled pork hot dog which was lovely. Very reasonable and efficient service.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stopped by on a trip down south and stopped here deliberately having enjoyed it so much previously. Service was good and the venue was clean and the food arrived a reasonable time after ordering.

My burger with blue cheese was superb and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife's mexican dish I found out after we had left was not so good - apparently the flour tortilla had been microwaved (not sure if they're frozen whole) which had ruined the taste and texture. Contents were reported to be not too bad but the bread was inedible.

We've been to the ok diners plenty of times before and always enjoyed what we had. While I doubt it will stop us returning, we won't be ordering the dish again.

If I'd been eating by myself, I would have awarded 5 stars.