“wonderfully hospitable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodland House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Woodland House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Brisbane, Australia
“wonderfully hospitable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The owner and staff of this hotel were superb. I was there for nine nights for a sporting event. I came from Australia. I was delighted by the service, friendliness and thoughtfulness of the staff. The rooms was terrific. The cooked breakfast each day (including days the owner himself had to get up at 5:30am to do this for my playing schedule) was delicious. I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel. Indeed this is my first time ever writing a review for TripAdvisor but I was so taken by this place I had to do it. And I travel a lot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

+ Bedrooms have been done to to a high standard
+ receptionist/waitress very helpful and friendly
- WiFi didn't work
- Only 1 small bottle of water in the bathroom for 2
- noisy bathroom fan that didn't turn off
- eyesore extensions on both sides of a fabulous main building. One side under construction but doesn't look like much activity and the other side looks like a 1970s prefab
- limited breakfast choice; its a cooked breakfast & packet cereal. No fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Booked three nights here following our 40th wedding anniversary celebration in Edinburgh. Very welcoming arrival. Clean comfortable modern bedroom in new wing adjacent to main building. Room spacious and well equipped to have a teapot to make tea was wonderful. Very quiet hotel set in large grounds with rabbits and deer to be seen from the bedroom window. Owner very genial and happy to help. The staff we met were friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable. We hope to return.

Room Tip: All rooms in new extension upstairs accessed by lift. Don't be put of by the scaffolding which i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Booked a surprise night away at Woodland House Hotel for my fiancée's birthday as I thought she might like to stay there. We both loved it and from the moment we stepped out of the car outside the hotel, I knew that I had done well. It is a beautiful building in lovely grounds but that is only the start. Inside we were greeted by Simon, who I made the booking with over the phone - he was very friendly and showed us the bar and breakfast room on the way to our own room. The room and en suite were fantastic, the bedroom was filled with stylish, solid-wood furniture and two very comfortable armchairs. The rooms were much more spacious than those we had previously stayed in and it makes such a difference. The bathroom was also a lovely room which felt very luxurious and the hotel also provided beautiful toiletries ( so I'm told ! - I was more impressed with the heated mirror ! ). We ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent - we only managed two courses but they were great and we were well looked after by Evelyn. We went for a walk after our meal and asked for some extra sugar and milk for our room. While we were out Evelyn prepared a tray for us with fresh milk, teas, coffee and sugar.. and some home-made shortbread - what a nice touch ! Breakfast was huge and also very tasty, Jeanette looked after us and offered great help with directions for the journey home. A fantastic night away in a gorgeous room in a great hotel but it's the staff that make it that extra bit special. Many thanks to Simon, Evelyn and Jeanette - you are doing fantastic work and we can't wait to come back to see how the place developes. Best wished Pam and Paul

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Complete surprise - my wife 'fed' the 'SatNav' from our home on the Machars Penninsula and I was directed to follow the voice of command (as if I would dare do otherwise?) - The directions took me directly 'up' the drive of this lovely place where I was met on the steps of the Hotel by my daughter and eldest grandson who had arrived from New Zealand and brought a tear to my eye. They were followed by my son, daugher-in-law and two grandchildren from Lancashire. We took our dogs to our room where they were suitably 'caged' and the 'party began'.. Never having been the most gratetful recipient of surprises but the continued helpfulness, understanding and service from the 'Staff' was something to treasure. The 'fayre' is not 'Cordon Bleu' but then, so long as the grandchildren were 'happy' I was more than pleased. Breakfast's were more than well catered for and lovely. Rooms - would take the best of the moaners to find fault with - lovely. Staff - particularly Simon, and Lauren, lovely. Will eventually post a photograph of Evelyn and me on my 70th Birthday who made all of our celebrations simply perfect - what a lovely lady! Thank you all at Woodland House - we'll be there again...But specific thank you to my wife for arranging a lovely weekend in a lovely place and 'setting'...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

What a lovely stay. Fantastic room, good food, and a outstanding breakfast. Nice quiet location even the dog was impressed. The furniture was of a high quality. Visit Dumfries regularly and would not hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roy H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is still clearly a work in progress as there is a huge extension part constructed on the side. However, I have no doubt that when it is complete it will be more expensive than it is currently. The rooms are as comfortable as any hotel I have stayed in and the grounds are lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the nice lady who staffed the bar and did lots of other stuff too.

I hope to return before it gets pricey

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank WillieJJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#3 of 8 in Lyndhurst
Mortimer Arms Hotel
Mortimer Arms Hotel
#2 of 3 in Romsey

Been to Woodland House Hotel? Share your experiences!