“''Wonderful stay””

Economy Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Vandalia
“''Wonderful stay””
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights....... The entire staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and comfortable,Would recommend and would stay here again.clean bathroom,looks like a remodeled new management family owned business.
we would stay again here........ :)

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was completely fine to stay.Room itself was nice,very clean and front desk staff were very very nice friendly pleasant.Having a refrigerator,microwave comfy bed look like remodeled room nice stay,highly recommended economical room rate.......

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have a great stay with family visit nice clean,comfy sleep ,helpful staff.
Looks like remodeled room with interior paints,over all nice stay in vandalia,good economical room rate we would like to stay again;)

• Stayed January 2013
Emporia, Virginia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

wonderful family friendly place to stay, room are beautiful, beds are very comfortable and service was excellent, and microwave, hairdryer and refrigerator in room, i like place...........................

thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Emporia, Virginia
Reviewed 20 December 2012

After reading other tripadvisor reviews, we decided to book this hotel and save about $25 a night. I started regretting my decision almost instantly after it was booked and was nervous when we checked in.this place is great! Very clean, open large rooms The main thing we want in a place besides a good price is a clean comfortable place to sleep & remodeled room,highly recommended base of price,clean,comfy,friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JUDY r
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Great experience at this hotel.Great price and location vandalia.Room we received was very large and so clean!Staff was so helpful,beds were comfortable,rooms were big,microwave,hairdryer and refrigerator in room.I would come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Harrah, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just like a bad horror movie, I was caught in a storm and needed to stop. I would have been better off sleeping in my 2-seater car! Had to wake up the desk clerk and it wasn't that late and she was surly and very unfriendly. She checked me in, gave me a card for the door on the second floor. When I got up there (it was raining hard!), the card would turn the light green but the door would not open, as if someone was inside and had the dead bolt on. I gave up, when back down and woke her up again and did she EVER frown! Then she tossed a brass key at me and told me to take a first floor room. It took almost 5 minutes to make the key work. Ugh, room was damp and moldy and had I not been exhausted (and dreaded waking up the clerk again!), I would have demanded my money back. The only thing clean about the room was the sheets on the bed, thank goodness. I tried to log on to the "FREE WI-FI" (advertised on a neon sign) and it required a security code to log on and the clerk refused to answer the phone. I gave up and went to bed without checking incoming weather. I woke up at 2 a.m. to use the restroom and the floor was totally wet from water coming in under the wall from the next room! Yuck!! A nightmare! I hope Travelodge makes them stop pretending to be a part of that chain!

Room Tip: RUN! Do not exit!! Sleep at the next rest stop!