“classic white table service, decent food, overpriced”
Review of Philly G's - CLOSED

Philly G's
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 9 April 2013

went here with a business colleague for a quick dinner on a weeknight. Knew nothing about the restaurant and thought it looked okay from the road.

Service - overall pretty good, kept our drinks full and brought everything on-time.

Decor - an old house with a glassed off porch-view to the outside. White cloth table service.

Food - got a green salad, green beans and Salmon filet. No complaints, everything done well.

Price - wow - $26/plate for each of us. One had a Salmon filet and the other a crusted chicken breast. I'm from Dallas-Fort Worth and could go to either city and find multiple good places with these same entrees for $10/plate less. To me - overpriced for what was rec'd.

2  Thank gravesbl

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Restraurant is 20 years outdated. From food to decor. Food is so bland. Is anything made from scratch ? Do they know how to use fresh herbs or fresh garlic ? Soup tastes like from a can. Tomato sauce tastes like from a jar. Skimpy portion on veal. Wasn't fresh. Probably worst dining experience that I've had in Lake county. Feel like I'm eating hospital food. Down to the cart that they wheel your food out in.

3  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Philly G's is one of our favorite restaurants. They have a nice varied menu. Some of the appetizer choices actually make a nice entree if you are not a big eater. Some pastas are homemade. My husband loves the veal chop, or steak or the pasta (and he is used to my homemade spaghetti sauce, so you know it is really good ). I am vegetarian and like that there are enough choices for me. Their minestrone soup is also yummy. The bar area is huge and a fun place to have a drink.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Sunday 1/2 price bar menu all day cannot be beat! YUM YUM YUM From the OUTSTANDING bread, to the steak bites to the cheeseburger and fries, all were great so need I really mention the Sauvignon Blanc? yep - 'cause that was good too :)

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have been eating at this restaurant for years and it is alway excellent. The owner is always on site to make sure everything is running smoothly, His red sauce is to die for. He uses a lot of his grandmothers recipies. I have never had a bad meal here. We live in Wisconsin and we travel to this restaurant several times a year because we love the food so much and we love Phil. Also, the restaurant is in an old house and the outside and inside look absolutely beautifull. If you live or are visiting in this area, you have to have lunch or dinner here.