Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had a bad experience initially with this facility but have visited several times since then and the service has improved. The entire staff has been more understanding and service oriented, especially Jessica. I applaud the team here who used my initial comments/experience to improve their efforts in a constructive manner. Look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the breakfast area, can be noisy beginning at 5AM.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for giving us a second opportunity to show you that we value all our guests feedback. It is great to know that our staff provided you with much better service, especially Jessica. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the entire team.

Again, we appreciate you staying with us once more. We look forward to serving you in the near future

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed one night and took the train to a Cubs game. Nice clean hotel with a friendly staff. We plan on staying again and would recommend this hotel to people. Room was clean and had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and stove.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very nice room. Clean and so quiet. Got a good night sleep in the comfortable bed. Love the kitchenette. I would go back again for a mini getaway. Even staying on the first floor it was so quiet, I wondered if there were any other guest on my floor. My second time staying here and both times I have enjoyed my stay. Will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't have a tip to share.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 8 months for business purpose last year and I can say it was an awesome experience. It was a home away from home for me. There was all facilities available in the room and the rooms were well maintained. The staffs were very helpful. At the time of my staying, there was shuttle service available to Walgreens office where I used to work and guess what , there was regular shuttle service to nearby shopping malls or grocery stores as well! The manager, Beth was very helpful and reachable always. The location was also very near to Vernon Hills Public Library and I really enjoyed going to the library on the weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ahirjoy
Reviewed 20 June 2013

When we arrived around 7 p.m., we called the front desk person (they don't staff the front desk, so you have to call someone to come check you in). The staff member didn't seem to be entirely sure what she was doing, and she said she had to check a couple of rooms because she wasn't sure if there was a clean one available for us. This seemed odd, since it was well past checkout time.

After about 20 minutes, we were all checked in and went to our room on the 3rd floor. It had an odd, mildewy smell when we first walked in, and the scent never went away during the 4 days we were there. The room was a decent size, with king-size bed and pullout sofa. But when I went to switch on a lamp, I noticed a thick layer of gray dust and fuzz on the top of the light fixture. There were also carpet staples sticking out of the carpet in the area between the bedroom and bathroom. The shower had hair stuck in the drain, and the porcelain was chipped off in several places and had not been repaired. The cabinets in both the bathroom and kitchen were sticky and dirty, and most of the silverware and dishes in the kitchen were covered with stuck-on food particles. The whole place just felt like it hadn't ever been cleaned thoroughly.

The mattress toppers were very lumpy, and the beds were very loud when turning over. Additionally, the room was very humid, especially at night, so it wasn't the most pleasant sleeping environment.

Guests at the hotel were able to use the LifeTime Fitness facility right across the street, which was a nice perk.

Overall, it wasn't a dump, but I expected more, especially since the hotel itself isn't very old. And it's quite overpriced given the quality. If the kitchen aspect isn't important to you, then you're probably better off in staying at one of the other comparably priced hotels nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jwt85
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Some staff rude, some really good (Angelica). No vending machine--what??? I booked using Hotwire and they put me near the exit so all night long I heard the loud parade of people coming in and leaving. They gave me a super small trash can.

Room Tip: Don't get one near any exit
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MinuteCEO
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to read that some members of our staff were not helpful and the placement of your room made your stay less than satisfactory. I am extremely glad to read that Angelica took great care of you, though!

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon and show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

i stayed here with my family for 3 weeks - we had a very good experience with the hotel staff, room service and pick up-drop van attendants taking us to offic, grocery and apparel shopping. rooms were good and enjoyable, my family too loved staying here and would like to come back again...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Raghuraj D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed the accommodations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Buffalo Grove - Deerfield
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Lincolnshire

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Address: 675 Woodlands Pkwy, Vernon Hills, IL 60061-3101 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Price Range: £51 - £63 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Extended Stay, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Suites Vernon Hills