“Wonderful and Kind Service”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Peoria, Illinois
“Wonderful and Kind Service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked the hotel for two months because of a job opportunity in the area. The contract fell through after only 2.5 weeks. The manager worked with me to adjust my length of stay and was very understanding about the issue. As I was planning on staying for two months I had a lot of personal items. As I was carrying it in then 2.5 weeks later carrying it out, multiply staff members offered to assist me and held doors as I pushed the trolley. Even though it was a short stay the staff remembered my name and room number and stopped me at the front desk by name when I had mail. Overall all a GREAT experience at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was there during a business trip and liked my stay there very much. The whole staff was very friendly and the accommodation was clean and comfortable. The office table is big enough for working efficiently with a notebook and some paper staples, in case you need more space for extended amount of paper stable, you can use the nearby kitchen table. I was not missing anything in this this hotel and I can recommend it without any constraints to business travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Adrian - Thank you for your amazing review about our hotel. The staff and I were happy to share our hotel with you and your sister-in-law on your recent visit from Switzerland. I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly service and that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your visiting the Chicago area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I think this is an OK hotel. The one complaint that I do want to note is that I wanted a non-smoking room, and the room smelled like smoke.
Other than that, it was nice. For business travelers, it's right near several industrial parks, but significantly less than the nearby hotels.

Room Tip: Always check your room first, including the noise level of the HVAC. Ask for a change immediately i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Joseph B
Mundelein, Illinois
Reviewed 10 November 2013

When forced to make plans that take you out of your comfort zone and you need a place to stay (90 days worth) I was pleasantly surprised and continue to be impressed with Extended Stay-Vernon Hills. Management (Beth) and staff are helpful, cordial and they even "know your name". Coffee and oatmeal in the morning. Towels and necessities are available as needed. Housekeeping is taking care of business. Thank you. You can depend on these people.
Larry Mandel.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking firehouse and front entrance is the best. Parking is safe and plentiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out to write this AMAZING review about your recent stay at Extended Stay Vernon Hills. We take so much pride in ensuring all our guests feel comfortable while they make this their temporary home and it feels great to know we did that for you and your wife. From our housekeeping staff to our guest service reps we are ecstatic to hear your praises. We are glad the convenience of the "grab and go" breakfast serve your morning temptations and even better to hear that our housekeeping staff is on top of their game.

Thanks again for taking the time out to write this review and we look forward to making the rest of your stay an enjoyable one.
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2013

For many years of business travel to the Chicago North suburbs, I've relied on Beth (manager) and her well-trained staff to give me the comforts of home at the most economical of prices. This particular property is unlike any other ESA I've stayed at. This location has recently undergone wholesale room renovations that are spacious and clean (with excellent mattresses!). Located in a quite neighborhood but just minutes from shopping and restaurants, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sgatch
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for providing such a detailed and pleasant review of our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your spacious room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. As well, I am glad you loved our newly renovated hotel and I am happy we got to share it with you. Plus, it is great to know that our staff was so responsive to your needs, especially Beth. I will be sure to share your kind comments with him and the rest of the team.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Upland, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our son was graduating from the United States Navy and we needed to fly out from California. We needed 5 criteria's in a hotel.
1. An affordable hotel
2. A location near his graduation
3. Hotel rooms that were in nice and safe area.
4. A clean hotel and
5. Rooms that had kitchens so we can save money and time on not always going out to eat all the time.
This hotel met all 5 criteria's with flying colors. Beyond what we expected.
But we also received 5 other great services that we didn't expect.
After booking our reservations My daughter and my sons girlfriend made arrangements to come out. Now we needed to get larger rooms. I called them and they were finishing remodeling and all the rooms were not ready yet. Alex spoke to her manager Beth and explained the situation. The next day I received a call from Beth and she arranged for us to upgrade to larger rooms. When I asked her how much more she said it was on them no extra cost.
Then on arrival our flight was delayed and we came in very very late. They were there and helped us with a very professional and courteous service.
Then we met family we have never met before. They allowed us to use the main room to congregate and celebrate our sons graduation.
One of our people needed extra pillows and sheets and they accommodated them just as professional and courteous as all the other things.
I needed directions to a place and within minutes Alex at the front desk found the location on the internet and printed them out for me.
They were very professional and very polite!!!
They delivered a service way beyond what I expected and way beyond what is expected.
I have been in 4 star hotels that need to take some lessons from them.
Thank you Beth and Alex your service was incredible!
F.Y.I. I never give reviews but since they went out of their way to accommodate us I want to go out of my way to appreciate them. Thank you for the great stay.

Room Tip: The units are all newly remodeled so both our units were great. They were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Aaron - Thank you so much for your glowing review of our service and staff. I will be sure to let Beth and Alex know of the wonderful compliments you gave. In addition to a clean hotel, we always strive to provide the highest level of hospitality to all of our guests. I am very happy to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. Also, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our renovations and fully equipped kitchens.

We hope to see you again at Extended Stay Vernon Hills in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had a bad experience initially with this facility but have visited several times since then and the service has improved. The entire staff has been more understanding and service oriented, especially Jessica. I applaud the team here who used my initial comments/experience to improve their efforts in a constructive manner. Look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the breakfast area, can be noisy beginning at 5AM.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for giving us a second opportunity to show you that we value all our guests feedback. It is great to know that our staff provided you with much better service, especially Jessica. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the entire team.

Again, we appreciate you staying with us once more. We look forward to serving you in the near future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Property: Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Address: 675 Woodlands Pkwy, Vernon Hills, IL 60061-3101 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Suites Vernon Hills