Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Chicago, Illinois
“Transient property”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

If you are a business traveler, stay away from this property. It is a transient hotel! I tried to stay here because of a bad storm, and despite negative reviews reluctantly booked a room. The staff was pleasant, but I requested a high floor away from the elevator. I recieved a room on the second floor, which upon entering at first seemed comfortable, until about after two minutes heard the loud stomping footsteps of the people above. Went down to the front desk and they switched my room to the 3rd floor, the one I origianlly wanted, across from the idiots that were stomping on the floor when I was on the second floor. They were having a party, and kept going in and out of the room, letting the door slam on the security latch. The room I was given this time was very cold. The heater was not working properly, was told by the front desk that it should work fine, reparimen had fixed the issue earlier. As I waited for heat, noted that you could see through this wall unit outside through a crack, no wonder so cold. So, went down for my THIRD room change, and upon downgrading believe it or not since my first two rooms were "King Suites" had to sign paperwork to get the credit card charges reduced. Also staff acknowleged that the room had problems with the heat, so they basically lied to me in the beginning. Got my new room, went up and tried to open the door but the person in there freaked out, as well as I, they gave me an occupied room this time. Went down, checked out and got my money back hopefully, then drove home In a snowstorm I was trying to avoid. I will never, never ever stay here again, or recomned it to anyone I like. Terrible. And I have pics I will post. Spend the extra money and stay at a well established property.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor, as if you stay on the first or second, you will hear loud footsteps from th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read your comments about the noise and heater malfunction, which prompted you to eventually check-out of the hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our maintenance staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at cvh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Vernon Hills hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest

Property: Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest
Address: 215 N Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061-4304
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Vernon Hills
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Vernon Hills