“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This restaurant was excellent. When you walk in, the aroma of the cooked meats welcomes you. The wait staff is very attentive, (our waiter was Eric), and is constantly making sure you have enough water, beer, food, etc. The salad bar was pretty good. The salad bar is all that it needs to be, something small to start you off before tasting the variety of meats. The sirloin and pork shoulder were my favorites, but everything was delicious.

The meal also comes with a cheesy quiche shaped bread, along with caramelized bananas and mashed potatoes. The potatos were alright, but the bananas and bread were unique and tasted great.

Even though I went with my family, I intend to bring my girlfriend there next time. Just a great place overall.

• Visited January 2013

Chicago, IL
“Lunch with a show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

We held our company holiday party (lunch) recently here and we actually had the whole place so they really took good care of us. The 'sides' were pretty extensive with many cold salads as well as a few soups (black bean had beef in it, very tender as well). The bar had a few Brazilian beers that were decent as well. You really need to love meat to truly enjoy this place but it was mostly quite good. Not sure just how many varieties they had but lots of beef, some pork and chicken, the best was the leg of lamb which was the most tender. They also arranged for Brazilian dancers who came out a few times, perhaps a bit too much for me but it was mostly to keep things lively. It's deceiving how big the place is, our group was fairly large but we seem to fit OK. I gave them a very good vs excellent as it was nice but not my choice for events like this but it was better than a few others we've had in the past so if you really like meat on skewers delivered to your table until you're stuffed it's a good choice !

1 Thank late74C
Illinois City, Illinois
“Date Night.. sorta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

This place is in a strip mall but doesn't show it. When you come inside it's just as if you went to Fogo but for half the price and more laid back. The salad bar is small but is adequate & the one type of sushi served was good. The waiters are very attentive & made sure all of our meat was well done like we like it and they dote on you. I had the sangria and it was pretty good, I was underwhelmed by the tiramisu but I'm often underwhelmed at most places so I won't hold that against them. We went on the weekend and took our 4 year old because our sitter cancelled & it didn't feel awkward or out of place, there were other families there as well. I really like this place and plan to go back again in the future.

• Visited November 2012
Rhinebeck, New York
“Surprisingly great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a friend in the Navy at Great Lakes. What a wonderful experience it was. The salad bar and side entrees were impressive enough, and then the meat service started!! WOW! It was delicious and plentiful. The servers approach with meat on giant skewers every few minutes and offer you as much as you would like. It was best to try a little bit of each as they continuously are making rounds offering more, and more, and more! The desserts were also delicious. It would be impossible to leave this restaurant hungry!

• Visited September 2012
Libertyville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something different--in a good way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a good place if you'd like to try something different without getting too crazy. When you sit down, you can help yourself to a salad and side-dish bar, then various waiters come by and ask if you'd like whatever type of meat they happen to be serving. The meat is very tender and perfectly seasoned. They slice off some pieces from a big spit. There are also wonderful rolls. The atmosphere is a little more casual-looking, with some TVs showing soccer, than I expected, but everything is nice.
You should have a good appetite if you eat here, because it's basically an all-you-eat situation. Very nice service.

Visited May 2012