“It was an instant favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“It was an instant favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Love this place! I’ve been here three times now in the past month and it’s on my top five list of go-to restaurants. I always go for ‘create your own’ combos (choose two/three/four) taco plates that come with a side of rice and beans. You honestly can’t go wrong. The food is perfect, comes out fast, and the service is pretty good.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“A disappointment on the 2nd visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Last time I'd enjoyed the vegetable fajitas. Those weren't on the menu when I went for lunch this time so I ordered the veggie tacos. It was awful. Greasy! and not in a good way. I ended up pulling the small amount of veggies out of the shell to eat them and not eating the soggy shell. I had seconds on the chips and salsa so I wasn't starving when I left.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pezzler
Clermont, Florida
“Varied choices for Mexican and Southwest food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Everything is fresh and that adds to the attraction. We eat there several times a year and get knock your socks off service. Although Mexican and Southwestern food is not my first choice there is enough of a variety so I can find several choices.

• Visited August 2013
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Ok for a "chain" restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

We are new to the area and trying to find a good Mexican restaurant like the one 'back home'. We stopped here for lunch one afternoon. The food was ok for this type of "chain" restaurant, but not close to authentic Mexican. Restaurant was clean and staff were efficient and friendly, but we probably won't go back.

• Visited June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good lunch menu options, average food for a chain restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I went here with two colleagues for lunch last Tuesday. The three of us were seated promptly and served the standard chips and salsa. They have a lunch menu that has a lot variety and is inexpensively priced. All three of us ordered from this menu. I had the chicken fajitas, while my co-workers ordered the quesadilla and a burger. All of us enjoyed our meals. I was pleased that they provided so many tortillas with the meal. I typically only get two or three to start and since I tend to make smaller bites, I run out fast so it was nice to have plenty on hand. Service was good, attentive but not overly so. This is a perfect place for lunch if you are looking for a chain Mexican restaurant with good lunch options.

• Visited May 2013