“Very nearly gave up looking because of the map.......”
Review of Gugg's - CLOSED

Gugg's
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone: 847-918-9060
Description: Phone: 847-918-9060
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just about quit looking, the Trip Advisor map was WAY off - please guys fix the map/address.
Found it after talking to someone at the site, not much help. But the website finally gave me assistance!

Once I arrived, the decor was very country/roadhouse but pleasent. Waitstaff was friendly and helpful. I had a BBQ pulled pork platter, the sandwich was big, messy and tasty! Slaw was much to sour for me.

Enjoyed it, but not really enough to come back next time I am in town.

There are newer reviews for Gugg's

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Make sure you go to Guggs on  an empty stomach. we weren't sure what to expect from this small unassuming out of the way spot. This building set back from the road would give us no idea the quality of food to be found inside. We were welcomed into a charming setting of polished wood floors, nicely spaced  tables and a full bar off the dining area. Our friendly knowledgeable server guided us through the offerings and brought samples of their two styles of homemade BBQ sauces.  We were shocked at the size of the Slab of Baby Back Ribs. The owner dropped by and told us He orders 2.75lb and up slabs.  Not the smaller slabs used by most restaurants.  The ribs were extremely meaty,  covered in a red and slightly peppery BBQ sauce.  The meat did not fall off the bone but was tender moist not at all greasy and perfectly cooked. Accompanying the slab was a bowl of excellent homemade baked beans and delicious Tangy sweet homemade coleslaw. I've eaten slabs of ribs in many places but this is the first time I took nearly half a slab home with me ! A Skirt Steak dinner began with a house salad with a choice of homemade dressings. The creamy garlic was the classic recipe.  So good!  The Skirt Steak was ordered rare,grecian style and I asked for onions and mushrooms. Again we were impressed with the portion size. The steak was large, thick and perfectly cooked. Fresh green beans and freshly cut homemade fries accompanied the Steak.  We look forward to checking out other menu items in the future. Check out my pictures.

1  Thank drommom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you visit on a Thursday be sure to try the great homemade cream of mushroom soup. It is the best. The meat served here is top notch. The only down side is that the outdoor open hearth area has been taken over by smokers.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This building has been here for a long time. It was Buddy's, Angelo's, Adina's and now it's Gugg's. Well let me tell you - this place is wonderful! First of all the new ownwers have done wonders to the building/property itself. They have cleaned it up, paved the parking lot and polished the menu! The standout is their BBQ. Gugg takes pride in smoking his own meats, making his own BBQ sauce, baked beans, and slaw. They also have a good beer battered cod and I love their blackened chicken caesar salad. Also their fries are hand cut and delicious. Add to that a great wine menu, full bar and craft beers and you have a winner!

1  Thank Espo65