“Best Deli in the area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Deli in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great deli we had a lox plater plenty for 2 people and a corn beef and hard salami sandwich. All food was outstanding and the service was great. Everyone in the place were just friendly and it was a pleasure to dine there.

Visited March 2014

Gurnee, Illinois
“Excellent! Will return...more than once!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I went to Silverberg's Deli today for lunch and I cannot find the words to describe how excellent everything was! We were looking for a quiet place to grab a quick bite to eat while out shopping. It's in a busy plaza; however, it was just the right amount of busy...plenty of tables and a good amount of patrons who all seemed to be enjoying their meals.

I had the Salmon Salad Sandwich with Cucumber Salad and my husband had the Warshawsky Sandwich with Potato Salad. Both were delicious and very authentic to the typical Jewish Delis we've been to in the past. Each plate was served with a crisp, cool pickle slice as to be expected, which was also very tasty.

We also each had the Halva for dessert. It was flaky and tasty to perfection!

We will absolutely return! The service was great, the food was delicious and fresh, and the atmosphere was just right.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank firedancer8780
Mundelein, Illinois
“Too expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had a coupon for this place so i decded to try it. Well good thing I had that. A corned beef sandwich with swiss & a bag of chips was 11.95. The coupon I had was worth $12 (paid $6 for it) and the employee (owner?) said I needed to spend $12. Seriously? I added a brownie and suddenly it was $15? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous! The sandwich was good but not worth the price and not better than one from Bert's Deli in Libertyville.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Espo65
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“A very good new deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This could grow to be a great deli. For a deli so new, they do an awful lot right. The meats are generous, fresh, moist and warm. The breads are soft and tasty, too. I've read comments about the $12.00 sandwiches. Seems that they've lowered the prices a bit but you can't have it both ways. Deli meat ain't cheap. The owner was socializing with the customers and that's always a good sign. My son and I split a pastrami and a deli salad and it was more than we could eat. The problem with rating a deli is that everyone has a favorite that they want to compare it to. I eat at delis all over the country and this is a good one. In many ways, it has the feeling of a deli that has been around for 50 years. I'd like to see them eventually expand their offerings to the new wave of delis like Deli Unique or Zingerman's in the Detroit area. Chicago deserves another great deli and maybe, just maybe, this young guy can do it.

• Visited July 2013
everywhere
“Skip it!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Weekend morning....want something new...different... sometimes that doesn't pan out!
The special "eggs and corned beef" was disgustingly greasy... eggs way over done....bagel was small and dried out...more like a raisin than a bagel...and no cream cheese?? just sent with a few pads of butter and a tsp of strawberry jelly? Oy Gevalt!! -- My Bubbie just turned over in her grave.....
There are so few good deli's around the Buffalo Grove area... so Please I beg you...pick another one and skip this one.... It may look new and shiny...and my heart does go out to who ever has to pay rent for the space, etc...but this place is awful...
The deli cases were filled with ...yuck! The smallest knish you've ever seen, the chopped liver looked like pate and the gefilte fish was "cooked in a log shape and cut" as I was told....

And as for the comment they advertise "check out our bagel bar...and a plethora of mixings...." et cetera....All I say is "Feh!!!" to that!!! ---
Just take my advice...I've really devoted alot of time writing reviews for this site! -- SKIP IT!!!

• Visited June 2013