“A quick meal, not my first choice, but filling.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #18 of 123 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Virginia
“A quick meal, not my first choice, but filling.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

While visiting my Navy Boot Camp Grad we decided to eat close to the hotel. After flipping through the hotel book we saw Olive Garden, and since we were all hungry the vote was unanimous. The room we were put in had a light odor, but we were able to ignore that. Service was a tad slow considering we were between lunch and dinner, and the place was empty. The unlimited salad arrived without dressing the first time, and the bread was OK. Took a bit to get a refill of both, and I sensed a bit of attitude when I asked if the salad came with dressing. He said "it had no dressing?". Judging by the dry bowl I guess he got the message. Good thing we ordered appetizers, because it took 45 minutes for the food to arrive, and we did eat a good amount of salad. My recommendation would be to pass the next time around and take the drive to Bob Chin's Crab House in Mt. Prospect.

• Visited June 2013

Kolkata
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I like this restaurant chain, my friends arranged my farewell party here at the Vernon Hill branch, I visited twice more. I enjoy both the ambience and food. The service is also good.

• Visited August 2012
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Olive Garden Never Disappoints Us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stopped at this Olive Garden because this chain is one of our favorites. We were not disappointed! We each ordered the lunch special ($12.95 for soup/salad, entree and dessert). It was fantastic as usual.

• Visited June 2013
Chicagoland
“Bread not as good as I remembered but soup was excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

It has been a while since going to an Olive Garden but I always looked forward to the bread rolls that just didn't seem up to par this time and I wasn't the only one in the group to notice it. The soup, however, was excellent and the extra helpings always a welcome Olive Garden perk! The mini deserts for $2.95 are fantastic however for both the smaller portion size along with the excellent taste!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Your typical Darden rest. Food is pre portioned (the main meal at least) , the service is slower then I would like it (especially during work hour lunch)... but you can't go wrong with endless soup and salad!

Visited February 2013