“Great place!!”

Green Basil
Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Green Basil Thai Restaurant and Bar is an elegant but affordable dining experience of authentic family recipes that have been handed down for generations. The Green Basil experience begins upon entering the Zen like, dining room. The tension eases out of your body as you are warmly greeted by the professional well-seasoned staff. It is the perfect balance of tasteful upscale white tablecloth dining and a very comfortable friendly feeling.There is a large selection of authentic Thai dishes combining old world recipes with the freshest ingredients. Start your dining experience with one of the specialty drinks while you explore the vast menu. Your senses will delight in the complex flavor profiles offered by Chef Tom’s unique presentation of daily entrée favorites and authentic specials that will please the casual dinner and seasoned foodie alike.
Caxias Do Sul, RS
“Great place!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Went for lunch with my husband the other day. Very quick service and very nice people, but the food was the star! Really really good!! Definitely going back SOON.

• Visited July 2013

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Great Eggrolls”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Green Basil is a Thai restaurant in a strip mall but don't let that fool you--the decor is very nice inside. It appears a lot of business people frequent this restaurant so the attire ranges from suits to jeans. My friend and I have eaten at this establishment a few times and we always start our dinner with the eggrolls which are very good. For entrees my dining partner has tried the Crying Tiger and Hot and Spicy Duck--he enjoyed them both. One note: there are some really not peppers in the duck so beware. Both times I have eaten at Green Basil I have ordered Cashew Chicken (I'm not apparently a big risk-taker). On my first visit my dinner was quite good, which would explain why I ordered it the second time... However on the second visit when my Cashew Chicken arrived it didn't smell right. It took my dining partner pointing out that he smelled seafood for me to realize I was smelling shrimp in my Cashew Chicken. I am not sure what the kitchen prep was but at some point my chicken dish had close relations with a shrimp or two! The service both visits was very good--quick and courteous. But I am not sure I will go back for awhile since there are so many other restaurants in the area that would probably keep the chicken and shrimp corralled a bit better.

Visited June 2013
Gurnee, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai Food in Lake County”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This restaurant is responsible for my addiction to Pad Thai! In fact, a friend from England, where there are countless really good Thai and Indian restaurants, also proclaimed Green Basil as the most authentic, and excellent Thai food he had found. The atmosphere is also very nice and upscale. The appetizers are better than any other Thai restaurant offerings I have seen. Especially the Crab Rangoon. Highly recommend.

• Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The Best Thai Food in the burbs”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

In my opinion, this is the best Thai food in the suburbs. The restaurant can be difficult to find if you don't know where to turn into the right strip mall. In the Spring, Summer and Fall outdoor seating is available. Singha beer is served iced cold. The MUD-SA-MUN CURRY is absolutely awesome, it is a coconut milk based curry with beef served with rice. I highly recommend you try it.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago
“Freshly prepared food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is located in a strip mall and maybe overlooked, but worth a visit. The food was freshly prepared. The red curry was spicy but could have been a bit hotter. Not much of a wine selection overall but what they offered was good. Reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2013