“A steady decline”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My nephew is 13 and it has been his annual b'day dinner spot for as long as I can remember (back in the day when they were located at the strip mall). I now take my son here. The food is always good. What has declined is the service. It is very unpredictable. The management not attentive and the chefs can be very hit or miss. However, when you do get an exceptional chef it makes the hefty bill seem almost ok. Thr problem is no consistency. With the money folks have to dish out it should be an establishment with top notch service across the board.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

A very Americanized take on hibachi, similiar to Benihana. I got the chicken teriyaki which was overcooked and smothered in sauce. The fried rice is like normal fried rice but also drowned in the same sauce. I will admit it's tasty, but it's too sweet for me. I had the seared ahi tuna once before which was better than the chicken.

If you are looking for traditional sushi, I would look elsewhere. Their sushi is used mostly for rolls that are only found in America. They do have "normal" nirigi, but I wouldn't chance it, not a Japanese sushi chef in the whole place.

Overall, many people like this restaurant, but I think it's a little over priced for what you're getting. When we sat at the tables (not at the grill), the service was bad. The waiter didn't smile once. I would recommend it if you like what they serve (Americanized Japanese), but not if you're looking for Japanese food.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was my first time eating at Tsukasa of Tokyo and I was extremely impressed. The service was exceptional and our Chef was talented and personable. Not only was the experience great but the food was divine. I ordered the Filet Mignon and we also had ordered the Teriyaki Steak and Sesame Scallops. All were cooked perfectly and presented with flare! I would defiantly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for remarkable service and incredible food. I will be back soon!

1  Thank Meg N
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We took our son here to celebrate his birthday. The chef was great. Very entertaining. The kids loved the show, as did we. The food was ok. Nothing too exciting. The kids asked if we could go again and we said "of course". Then we got the bill for $140 for the 5 of us. Hmmm, maybe just once a year. For that price, I can think of many meals, I could have over and over again...

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very disappointing visit. Was shocked when I wanted to share my overly priced meal with my 6 year old to learn that I would receive a 50% up charge for this convenience. What a shame for a place that used to be just OK to slide down the value scale.