“Great Location, Great Staff, Great Service, Best to Go with IndiGO” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills

Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Location, Great Staff, Great Service, Best to Go with IndiGO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

I managed a hockey team that was playing in a nearby tournament. I had never stayed at the Indigo before and nore had I heard about it before that weekend. What a delightful surprise. The rooms were spacious, the decor was unique and inspiring. The hotel has the trendyness that grabs your attention but is not over the top. The staff was extremely helpful and the event planning/catering individual that I worked with was extremely accomodating to the needs and special requests of arranging breakfast and meeting spaces to ensure that my players were ready to compete in this tournament. She worked really hard at ensuring that our stay/scheduling needs were met. She and the other individuals at the hotel that answer the phone ask "how can we inspire you" so right from the start of the booking of the stay the staff looks to put your mind at ease. The hotel and more importantly the staff made the difference and prepared our team to be successful. I would definitley stay at the Indigo again and would recommend it to anybody

Room Tip: No worries they will take great care of you.
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank bradweynand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Galway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights recently on business. Nice, trendy hotel well located and with some modern decor. Rooms were a good size, very comfortable king-size bed and sofa in separate area. Large flat screen TV. Not so sure about the practicality of the shallow sink. Decent breakfast to be had downstairs in the bar area. The bar itself would seem to be popular with the locals, was packed one night when there was some event taking place. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wauconda, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

I live only 12 miles from home so had not planned on staying at a hotel after work that night, but the weather had other ideas. By the time I was leaving the office, there were blizzard conditions outside, it was night and I was afraid to drive home. Found myself at the hotel indigo right down the street from work.
The people there went out of their way to deal with an overflow crowd. I was treated very kind and professionally at the same time. Clearly, the staff was working as a team to make sure the guests (even reluctant ones) were comfortable. From the front desk to housekeeping staff to restaurant, my experience was a good one.The room was beautiful and the bedding so nice. The complimentary items came in handy and are of good quality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Niles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

We were recently there just to eat dinner, so that prompted me to write about our stay last May--sorry I took so long! The staff is fantastic, they are knowledgeable, polite, professional and helpful. We were there to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and we needed to bring my mother in law. They gave us a great room to accomodate the three of us(she cannot be alone). The room was very clean and comfortable. We love the hotel's beautiful decor. And the location was perfect for us to also go shopping.
The staff is very service orientated and it shows. Bravo!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daisy36449
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

Did not know what to expect, as we were coming in cold to the area not knowing much. We were pleasantly surprised that the staff allowed us an early check in. We travelled all night, and were completely exhausted. Having a bed to rest in immediately upon our arrival was wonderful.

Clean, comfortable, and friendly. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Great hotel...Good location right in heart of shopping and restaurants. Great staff and real modern look to lobby. The rooms are huge with separated sleeping area and very well maintained with modern decor and huge flat screen TV. Very quiet and pleasant with one of the comfy beds I have ever slept in. Loved it and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thegreenmean
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

This hotel was very convenient to the business meeting I had. I would stay here again.

The room was comfortable especially the King bed. I didn't want to get out of it in the morning. There are a few odd things about the room though. First, the shower with it's partial glass door and cloth shower curtin. Water can get on the floor. The shower/toilet area is a tight squeeze. The design of the sink (ovalish shape with drain on the right side is very unique to look at but impractical. I'm not very tall (5'3") and when spitting out toothpaste it splatters everywhere because the sink is only about 1" deep. I wonder how it works for someone much taller. Thus, anything you've put on the sink counter can get wet. Again, looks cool but in practical use it's not practical.

The other comment i have to make is on the fitness room. The newer of the two treadmills isn't calibrated correctly from a speed stanpoint. I had to increase the speed by about 30% above my normal speed to get my heartrate up to it's normal rate when running a 5k. However, it was nice to have a fitness room.

The lobby area bar was attractive.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!