We recently stayed at this hotel as part of a point break special. As IGH members that gives us an opportunity to try hotels in the chain we have not tried before and save money as well by using our points .
We were visiting the Chicago area for a few days and chose this hotel. Intercontinental Hotels Group ( IHG ) promotes the Indigo Brand as one of their more upper scale hotels in the brand.
That was not our experience.
This particular location was clearly VERY old and in need of updating. The rooms did have a refrigerator but no microwaves. Our room had a refrigerator that was not working well and looked like something from the 1970's. There is also only one small TV despite it being a 2 room suite. They have only showers , no bathtubs so if traveling with small children who hate showers , keep that in mind. The wood flooring over carpet option was nice but the flooring was cheap and tacky and peeling up.
There is no breakfast included , but there is a coffee maker in the room. The other negative for us was the 2 double beds, not queen sized. The beds were quite small but comfortable.
The pool area at this hotel is older but the pool is warm and the area is clean. There is no hot tub.
Overall this hotel just needs some updating and I think a few more amenities. I got the impression they were designed more to serve business travelers than families.
Friendly helpful staff
Location was ideal
Guest Laundry is old but at least they have it
Rooms and hotel was clean and smoke free
Overall we were able to get a good value because we used our hotel rewards points , but had we been paying the regular rate , I would have been VERY disappointed and even with the option to use rewards points again, I think for our family in the future we would choose another property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to local attractions and businesses, the Hotel Indigo® Chicago Vernon Hills hotel is perfect for any trip, business or pleasure. To put it plainly, our rooms are “huge,” each with its own sitting area, and our staff is passionate about providing each and every guest with personalized service. The nearby Cuneo Mansion and Gardens serve as inspiration for our hotel’s artwork, and the whole space evokes an upscale feel, with a front desk that occupies a two-story lobby: expansive, but not at all unwelcoming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Indigo Vernon Hills
- Amerisuites Vernon Hills
- Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills Lake County