“LOVED the Hotel Indigo in Vernon Hills!”

Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Madison, WI
“LOVED the Hotel Indigo in Vernon Hills!”
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I stayed over the holidays at the Hotel Indigo in Vernon Hills, and absolutely loved it! My family just moved to Libertyville (only a couple of miles away from Vernon Hills) this past year, so it was my first time visiting the area.
The decor is unlike anything I've seen in the US, very trendy. We felt like we were in downtown Chicago. The staff was extremely nice, and very helpful when I needed to get to a local Walgreens for a forgotten prescription - they even offered their free shuttle service to get me there!
The rooms were great. I plugged in my I-Pod into the alarm clock and was able to listen to my music as I get ready each morning. The huge flatscreen TVs were great, and the beds were the best part. Oh, and they have Aveda products in the room. I only use Aveda shampoo when I get it as a gift, so this was a treat!
I would definitely stay at this Hotel Indigo, and after looking at their website, hope to stay at another Hotel Indigo the next time I travel out-of-town.

• Liked — Great service, great beds and great martinis!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 December 2008

My company's HQ is literally behind this hotel so obviously I booked Hotel Indigo when I need to visit corporate office for 4 days.

There are some differences you'll notice with the hotel - it is very contemporary - flat screen 32" HDTV screens, glass doors in shower, ultra-modern sinks and so on. Bed comes with 9 pillows (I'm not joking). There is no bathtub (at least is was not in my room), only shower but it did not bother me. According to the staff, designers tried to have European style hotel and seems they've succeeded.

However, if you are a conservative traveler, stayed in bunch of the same way looking hotels and expecting similar experience from Hotel Indigo this time you'll get something completely different. And this might either confuse or irritate you. Well, it did not me.

BTW, about the staff - they are quite young and cheerful, in their mid 20ies. I liked it - it was always something to chat with them when I was returning back to hotel from my office.

Well I will be traveling to my corporate HQ again and I'm pretty much sure that I'll stay at Hotel Indigo again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
None Given
Reviewed 9 November 2008

First, let me preface my remarks by saying that my room was nice, no complaints at all with the room. Very modern, new, comfortable bed, hardwood floors, flat screen TV, well laid out suite.
My only complaint, with the exception of housecleaning, everyone else was borderline rude! I am a very friendly, people oriented person. The type of person that has never met a stranger, and can get along with anyone. Every staff person I encountered had a "please don't bother me attitude." And what really caught me off guard, is that I am a business professional, very involved with sales. I spend my whole life encountering people and quickly trying to develop some sort of connection. I have never in my traveling life felt such a "we couldn't care less about you attitude." Especially from the day and evening shifts. I will give credit to a couple of guys who worked the midnight shift, they seemed somewhat courteous and professional.
Most of the day shift appeared to be in their mid twenties, and more interested in fraternizing with their coworkers than tending to any needs of their guests. And where I really found this curious, is that the same attitude spills over to the tiny little lounge/restaurant. I would expect that if you are working for tips that you might want to at least pretend to have an interest in your guests? No, they would much rather mingle with their coworkers while you stand there waiting to be acknowledged.
My business will take me to Vernon Hills many more times. I can assure you that despite the nice room, the attitude of their employees will certainly keep me from ever considering another stay there.
I was so "put out" with their attitude, that I literally considered leaving before the end of my stay. If the weather had not been so nasty, I would have.
Trust me, I'll find a better hotel in this town. Vernon Hills is a lovely, modern city, this shouldn't be difficult.

Stayed November 2008
iowa
Reviewed 10 September 2008

What a gorgeous hotel. Service was fantastic. The hotels beds were to die for. I wish that they were a bigger chain so I could stay here whereever I went. We were in town for a cheerleading competition, and the staff was always very helpful.
I booked our rooms with Jamie, and let me tell you, she went above and beyond to make our group feel well taken care of.

• Liked — The decor and beds
  • Disliked — no breakfast (complimentary)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I was pleasantly surprised with the renovation of this hotel. I remember when this hotel was an American Suites extended stay hotel, and they completely revamped the entire hotel. The hotel has a eastern/asian theme to it, and in the corporate woods area of Vernon Hills, it is a pleasant surprise.

The lobby is nicely appointed, and they gave me a welcome bag with snacks and a bottle of water for being a Preferred member. The room was very modern with wood flooring, nice finishes and an extremely comfortable bed. The shower was nice with a bench provided and aveda bath products. A flat screen TV was in the room as well as a quite air-conditioner. A refrigerator is also provided as well as a nice living area with desk and chair.

There is a restaurant in the lobby that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I only stayed one night, so I just had breakfast, which was good. Overall, this was a great hotel for the price and I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2008

The door to our room didn't lock, this hotel doesn't offer free breakfast. we waited for 45 mins for them to clean our room that wasn't ready upon check in and we got there at 11pm. the room had no towels and dirty soap in the bathroom shower. we reserved a room for 4 adults and they gave us a king bed with a pull out sofa bed. everything about this place was unacceptable and we had to demand compensation for our waste of time and money.

I was extremely dissatisfied with our stay and so were my 3 friends. we left tired and angry.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — our room door didn't lock
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!