“Relaxed, Spa-like atmosphere with a modern vibe without the attitude” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills

Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon Hills
Wisconsin
“Relaxed, Spa-like atmosphere with a modern vibe without the attitude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

It was nice to get away in my own backyard and feel like I was in a modern boutique hotel downtown Chicago.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

This hotel was horrible. The staff was very rude and inattentive. They took forever to check us in and out. I thought the room was very uncomfortable. I asked for extra towels which they never brought. I asked for an extra trash bag for the room and the front desk employee pointed at the trash cans outside. ??? The fake wood flooring was very loud...I could here the guests above me walking around and opening and closing their bathroom door. The bathroom was tiny...I could barely get the door to close when I was in there.
There are much better places to stay at this price point. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ali180shopping
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

Some of the other reviewers noted bad service at this hotel. All staff members we dealt with were very friendly and efficient. My only 1 complaint was that housekeeping would clap on your door at 8:00am every morning. Even if you put out your DND sign, you'd hear them rapping on other doors - I swear the lady was using a quarter to rap on the doors. Ok, only complaint out of the way - on to the more important stuff.
This hotel was such a welcome oasis on our vacation. We checked out of Homestead Suites down the road after only one night - it was horrible and depressing. The Indigo is perfect and really caters to travelers. The rooms are specious, have seperation between the bed area and sitting area (which sports a huge L shaped couch), the flat screen TVs are large and modern, the sinks/faucets are beautiful, the shower area is clean, charming and the whole room is decorated nicely with warm relaxing tones.
I called downstairs to ask if we had access to a microwave and they sent one right up - very good service.
The beds are beautiful, clean, very very comfortable and we slept great. I have nothing negative to say about these rooms - they are beautiful and I'll visit here again.
The pool area is also beautiful and nicely decorated. A lot of guests were taking advantage of this nice pool area.
The bar/restaurant was very nice as well and I was surprised at the restaurant prices for a hotel - meaning they were very reasonable. We enjoye the smoked salmon w/onions and capers a few times at night with our wine.
Other than being waken up by housekeeping (and they have a job to do I understand that) in the mornings - I'd rate this hotel a 10!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Potomac, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Indigo while in town to attend our son's graduation from Navy bootcamp. The hotel itself was extremely comfotable and clean and fairly close to the Navy base. There are numerous restaraunts and a large supermarket nearby. We would highly recommend staying at the Indigo while on Nvy related or other business.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Potomac_MDNavydad
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

First of all, the beds were the best thing. They were SO comfy, and so was the sofa. If you go, make sure you check out the beds; they are very nice! Also, I was very impressed with the pool area. It was very big, beautiful, and made me feel like I was being treated like the 'queen of hotels.' The only 3 things that are bad were:
1 - The service. The workers there weren't the most friendly people . . . and if you call them to tell them that they need to come up to your room for whatever reason, they will take FOREVER. We ended up waiting 15 minutes, with a birthday cake in our hands, locked out of our room.
2 - The rules. They weren't the best; you can't light birthday candles in the room, it will set off the smoke alarms. 1 candle? Really? There were more bad rules, too.
3 - The issue of things working. We wanted to stay up and watch 'New Moon' on the pay movies. We turn on the TV, it says, "Press Menu Button," and sure enough, it doesn't work. You have to press REALLY hard on it. Next, we go to the pay movie section, but it isn't working. We call the people at the front desk in the lobby (and it took forever before he came up), and he says, "It isn't working. It will take months to fix." So if you are expecting pay movies like we were, your out of luck!

That was all. All of the bad things could happen to you, but I am telling you, once you lay down in those beds, it's like you've never even heard of the word, 'stress.'
So, I advise you to stay there, I got my money's worth out of it!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

I travel a lot for business and have just recently discovered the Hotel Indigo chain. I have stayed at a few different locations and believe that the service , thus far, has been the best at Hotel Indigo Chicago-Vernon Hills. The GM there was by far the most accommodating. I had traveled to Chicago with a group of co-workers for a conference. From booking to check-out it was an amazing experience. We will definitely be booking with Michaelene again. She made the whole trip easy and stress-free. My co-workers and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

I stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago and was blown away by the unique look of the hotel. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly upon both check in and check out. The rooms were chic and had such a different look than your average hotel. The hard wood floors and warm tones gave the rooms a modern feel but were still very welcoming and cozy. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills? Share your experiences!