“Rooms are updated but....”

Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Villa Park
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I don't want to sound harsh, the location is good, but don't expect towels, cups or toilet paper everyday ( even though you pay for your stay, they tend to ration you on these bare necessities) In addition, they sure have a lot of police activity.. guests going wild.. In addition, be careful in the evening and in the early morning, the motel has a lot of critters.. skunks and raccoon's because of trash being left outside by other guests..

My suggestion is to go down the block, same rate, better class guests and you don't have to deal with the management telling you that you must reuse the same towels you have.

I wonder if Tom knows how poorly managed the place really is?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mike T

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Newly renovated and extremely clean room/bathroom.

Only thing that I found off was threat there was virtually nowhere to put your belongings - no dressers, almost no shelving, nothing. And only one luggage rack for two beds.

Other than that, a good stay over 5 nights. Quiet. Good A/C. Nice dark shades. Decent enough area. Would for sure return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had never stayed at one of the completely remodeled motel 6's. I did not like it. The fake hard wood floors are very unwelcoming. The room was VERY small. Felt like a jail cell. The tv even though it was a modern flat screen was so small it was hard to see. Its fine for a place for one night but I will never stay here or any of the completely remodeled Motel 6's again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ash M
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is about one of the least pleasant Motel 6 that I stayed. The room is sort of okay, however the location is not good at all. It is right on the main street side, and is very noisy because of the traffic, even during the night. The door & window don't block the noise at all. I was actually waken up in the early morning by a woman talking loud several yards away from my door. Not recommended to anyone who prefer a place of reasonable quietness.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in this place, try to ask for a room in the back to be away from the street slig...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jackdude
Reviewed 25 July 2012

On the last minute, my family and I were forced to find a last minute room in the middle of the night. Every hotel in the area was booked solid for some convention in Oak Brook. We never used a Motel 6 before, but were pleasantly surprised. I will stay here again when in the area thanks to their friendly helpful staff that helped us in our time of need. Many thanks.

Room Tip: This is a value hotel for sleeping. We got what we asked for and more. If you want luxury find a Hil...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I had an awful experience at this location and you can certainly tell that its a franchise location now. I actually did not stay but tried to stay. I went to inquire about a room and my request was a first floor smoking room. Only smoking rooms were available on 1st floor had two beds. I said that was fine and suddenly the rate jumped from 49.99 to 55.99. I inquired why and was told it is because it was two beds. Incorrect, Motel 6 does not charge by bed but by the number of adults. Room Price clearly posted on the wall in lobby is $49.99 for One Adult Sunday-Thursday. The size does not indicate by the number of beds. I disagreed and called Motel 6 reservations and even though I was one adult, I was able to book a smoking room with two beds at the rate of $49.99. I returned back to the desk, and conveniently enough, they were suddenly out of smoking rooms with two beds. How amazing on a Sunday night. Instead of accomodating my request for smoking first floor, they played games trying to gouge me on the price. I had to call M6 corporate customer service for assistance and they were able to get the reservation released so I did not have to pay for it but this is insane. Instead of getting $49.99, the Red Roof just 2 miles away accomodated me at a rate of $49.99 with complimentary internet. Also, if you note one of M6's tag lines is the lowest price of any national chain, hmmm. Be careful if you just try to walk into this Motel 6 location they might just try to gouge you on the room rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank brijoli
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The rooms are modernly designed. Everything worked in the room except the drainage in the sink which did not drain well, which they did not fix, but they emailed me apologizing for. It did not seem to safe, as what appeared to be not so sane people would be hanging out in the halls of the hotel, keeping people up. It was cheap for overnight though and we have stayed there about 4 times when we have visited Chicago. We'll keep going back because of the price and the decency of the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Been to Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park? Share your experiences!