Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Villa Park
“Ok”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Price was 137$ for 2 nights I had a coupon for 10% off price . No one could explain even manager y. Computer. . Generated 5 % off Manager should have adjusted price . I suggested calling corporate office she showed me the number at that was the end

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived after 20 hours on the road so we were definitely exhausted. Our check in was quick and the front desk was extremely pleasant. Room was clean and comfortable and a good size. Stayed for 6 days and we didn't have to break the bank. The only thing I would say would be to bring your own shampoo. We forgot ours when we were staying and there was none left in the vending machine. Overall a very nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Cons: 1) I waited forever at the front desk for someone to check me in. 2) The bathtub and bed sheets had pubic hair from previous guests. Brown chair near bed stand was dirty (white substance stuck on it), I had to wipe it clean.

Pros: Even with the above cons, the room overall was clean. NOT EVEN FANCY hotels wash the bedspread and blanket so I never pay attention to those anymore. They're gross NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO. This bed spread/blanket had cigarrette burns.The heater worked, the windows were easy to open. The room door felt secure. No prostitutes hanging out, nobody congregating near cars outside, and quiet on a Thursday night. Very easy booking, check in, and check out. Overall good experience.

If you are looking for a decent place to sleep with wifi internet and an affordable price, come here. No major accomodations which was ok with me, all I was here for was a job interview. I was able to take main roads and avoid toll road to get to Downers Grove which was nice. Just be sure to bring sanitizing wipes. Shopping center right next door to buy clothes, toiletries, etc... and grocery store/walgreens a few minutes down the road.

Room Tip: You can get an inward facing room in the center of the hotel or an outside facing room on the outsid...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I just wanted to let people know that there is a saving grace to the motels horrible management and lackey "Manager on duty". Her name is Karen. She is quick with a smile and goes out of her way to make you feel as if your actually in HER home. I went into the lobby, to speak with Tina Peters (General Manager) regarding an issue with my stay, was basically called a liar and she walked away. I was understandable even more upset and was then left to speak with Karen who was understanding of my issue and compassionate. By the time I left the lobby she had me laughing and even convinced me to stay another night promising that she would do all she could to fix the original situation I had come down to discuss with Ms. Peters. I went back to my room and not more then ten minutes went by when there was a knock at my door and maintenance was standing there ready to take care of the original issue. Next morning went down for coffee and Karen was once again behind the desk. What a great way to start your day, coffee, conversation and Karen. Thank you Karen for making my stay.....

Room Tip: Ask for Karen
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 113susang
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Seems like this locations Pet policy changes daily! booked a room online via Hotwire and contacted the front desk direct.
I was told by a staff member named Katie that both my dogs would be accommodated no fees, no weight limits.I was relieved to hear that I could bring BOTH of them, double checking I even mentioned they are about 80 - 85lbs each and was told that is no problem as long as they are well behaved which they are. After I had arrived and unpacked I had gotten a knock at the door, assuming this was housekeeping asking if I needed any extra supplies I opened the door and was greeted by Katie and the manager of the hotel. They proceeded to inform me that the pet policy is ONE pet per room. Confused, I tried explaining that it was in fact Katie who told me that the pet policy was two pets per room. The manager instead was snappy and told me that Katie did not say two pets per room, I decided to let the whole situation go and chose to stay one night and leave the next morning. When I went up to the front desk to check out and give the room key back I was told an number of things that are completely untrue some of which were that my dogs were barking all night,I didn't pick up after my dogs,and that I allowed them to be in the swimming pool and vending rooms.

Room Tip: Friendly tip - Be very careful if you stay here with pets
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicole M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Nicole M - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the inconsistencies in communication you received regarding the on-site pet policy. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Villa Park hotels

montana
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Failed to have promised room ready for early check-in, required for the first of two family funerals. Sink slow drain, toilet overflow. Closet consisted of a 4 inch hook, great when you have a car rod full of clothes. Room with queen, but room unbelievably small. We shortened our stay, and did get credited back. Neighborhood rougher than when I grew up in area. Asked for general manager, but was handled by head of housekeeping, who pretended to be manager. Never again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank flyboy1320
Dear flyboy1320 - We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay, particularly considering your already difficult situation of traveling for family funerals. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Rockford
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I don't want to sound harsh, the location is good, but don't expect towels, cups or toilet paper everyday ( even though you pay for your stay, they tend to ration you on these bare necessities) In addition, they sure have a lot of police activity.. guests going wild.. In addition, be careful in the evening and in the early morning, the motel has a lot of critters.. skunks and raccoon's because of trash being left outside by other guests..

My suggestion is to go down the block, same rate, better class guests and you don't have to deal with the management telling you that you must reuse the same towels you have.

I wonder if Tom knows how poorly managed the place really is?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Mike T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villa Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard

Been to Motel 6 Chicago West - Villa Park? Share your experiences!