The Lotus Suites
US$120
Hampton.com
US$121
US$81
Comfort Inn Gurnee(Gurnee)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$85
ComfortInn
US$80
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee(Gurnee)(Great Value!)
US$80
All reviewsgolf coursehot tubgolf resortcancer treatment centercountry settinghome away from homeseparate bedroomwedding receptionmini vacationlotus suitesworkout roomhotel roomwould stay here againbreakfast bargreat customer servicefree breakfastzion
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Clean and comfortable, this off the main roads hotel is A+. The management and staff put the guests first. They met all our needs in a timely manner and always added, "It's my pleasure." Seldom have I experienced such quality service.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank papasponies
MidlaneHawthorn, Director of Sales at The Lotus Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I appreciate you taking time to write this review and I hope you give us the oppurtunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

The facility is located in the scenic rural community of Wadsworth, IL; situated, two (2) miles from the Highway 41. The quality of customer service, makes up for the slightly tired decor. The clean factor is 5 star! Safety here for a solo traveler is in tact; with after hour security strictly maintained. The free breakfast is consistently delicious; from make your own waffles, and a buffet filled with bacon, sausage and eggs, a bountiful bread basket, fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal(s), etc. Something for everyone. The room service dinners, although inexpensive - I can not recommend. The pool is clean and quite large - the exercise room offers many equipment options in a small amount of space.

The hotel backs up to Midlane Golf Course - 18 holes. This little gem is a well kept secret - and a half-way point between Chicago and Milwaukee.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 4LayerCake

Reviewed 27 August 2009

I found this place on Hotels.com. Got a pretty good rate for staying 3 nights. Its in a nice quiet area. Its not just off the freeway or next to any train tracks. It has a golf course and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.

Our room was spacious. We had comfortable beds, plenty of pillows. We had a refrigerator, 1000 watt microwave. Wireless Internet was good, never had any connection problems or speed issues during our 3 night stay. TV was older tube TV instead of flat screen HD TV.

Pool area was ok. Not real big or elaborate, but it was ok. Pool temp could of been a bit warmer. Hot tub was small, could only fit 3 or 4 adults at the most.

Free breakfast buffet each morning was nice. Comfortable setting, and pretty good food. Eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, cereal, oat meal, fresh fruit, coffee, juices, milk. This worked out nice, didn't have to stop somewhere & pay for a breakfast each day.

We drove 20 min each day to the Waukegan Metra, and rode into downtown Chicago & checked out the museums. Train ride was an hour long each way. Freeway was just as long from downtown to hotel. We shopped at Gurnee Mills Outlet mall, about 10 or 15 minute drive from hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank WIBob54165

Reviewed 30 July 2007

My family just got back from staying at this hotel for 2 nights. First they only had us down for 1 night which we did not know until we tried to get into our room after spending the second day at Great America and they locked us out of our room. They quickly resolved it. The rooms were clean. The pool is VERY small and the hot tub, not even worth visiting as it does not work at all. Just like sitting in a hot tub of water, no jets work on it. The employees were pretty rude though. I actually went down for the breakfast buffet at 8:45 with my 2 small children. The employees decided that they wanted to take down the buffet as it ends at 9. I still had at least 10 minutes. They started shutting down stuff and taking it away while I was trying to get food for the kids. I did get them something and opt not to eat myself. The employees were saying loud enough so I could hear that GEEZ, the buffet closes at 9. I think their clocks were off a little and plus, I didn't see any reason to hurry up and take everything away as everything was FULL. What was the harm in it. Overall, the location was good and the rooms were good but watch out for the crappy employees at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rjk0303
MidlaneHawthorn, Director of Sales at The Lotus Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Let me apologize for the inconvenience you faced during breakfast, I am sure it was never the intention of the previous management to do so. However, we are currently under new ownership and management since March 2008 and we apologize for your previous experience.

We can assure you that you will never face any employees being rude or the breakfast being taken out before 9.00 am. It is my understanding that our breakfast is now out until 15 minutes after on most occasions.

I hope you do choose us in the near future and give us a chance to show you our hospitality.

Reviewed 1 July 2007

We stayed here back in 2005 for 2 nights. Then it was excellent and not to far from Six Flags & Gurnee Mills Mall. This year we stayed for 3 nights. But now the beds are getting way too old, and the pillows are terrible. It has been 6 nights since I woke up with a stiff neck from the bad beds, and I am still in pain. The breakfast is still verygood, frenchtoast, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and juice, coffee, ect. The place is pretty nice, on a golf resort. Big rooms and nice kitchen area with a table for 4. Nice pool and hottub.
Never did use the workout room. The staff was very helpful when we ask for something, like getting an extra blanket and places to order food. We like the place, But I will not go back, until I know they have updated the beds! Next year we will try somewhere else, and I hope we get better beds with same everything else. Someone let me know when they do, so we can go back.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you because of the beds, however we did go through a lot of changes since the new management took over since March 2008. I can personally assure you that if you decide to choose us, you will be pleased.

We will be looking forward to your stay with us in the near future and to assure you are well taken care of, please email me directly at dos.wadsowrthil@hawthorn.com for your reservation.