“Good location for access to local restaurants”

Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I travel, I look for places that are close to where I need to go for work as well as places I can eat and shop and the Hilton Garden Inn fit the bill for both.

First about the hotel. The property is located in what seems like the parking lot of a mall but in fact it is on its own street. The room I stayed in was clean and well maintained. The bed was a little too firm for my liking. I stayed on the first floor next to the pool and work out room, neither of which I took advantage of. The continental breakfast was decent but nothing to write home about. I was there for 3 nights and the breakfast on the hot side consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, and potatoes all three mornings.There was free internet (wired and wireless) so that was a plus. The ability to control the temperature in the room via the A/C & heater system was fine. One tricky thing was trying to turn on the shower without getting wet. The shower in this room was a walk in shower with a glass door and not a tub with a curtain. The problem was that the door was on the opposite side of where the shower head and controls were. I tried pointing the shower head towards the wall but there was little give trying to do this.

What I liked about the hotel was its proximity to local restaurants. Within a short drive you had access to over a half dozen different restaurants. Although I didn't see any chain supermarkets there was a Super Target nearby which had a grocery section so it made it convenient to pick up snacks and sundry items.

I didn't interact with the staff much but they were friendly enough greeting you when you left for the day and arrived back. Parking was plentiful. I would stay here again hoping for a softer bed. If I don't get one, I will try a different hotel as I value a comfortable bed for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
loudemarchi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your experience; I really believe customer reviews help future guests make the right decisions booking their travel. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff, we are always looking to improve and your comments prove that some extra effort makes a big difference.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a scrapbook weekend. I really didn't leave the hotel. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room and hotel in general was clean and well maintained. It is located very close to the toll road (88), restaurants, and shopping. Some within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
loudemarchi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. I know that your comments regarding your positive experience at the Hilton Garden Inn motivates our team. I hope that it will also give other travelers piece of mind when choosing our property, as it is our goal to provide a positive experience to all of our guests.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a Business trip for a networking event with my company, the staff was above and beyond with their service and the accomodations were really nice. My only issue was the matresses were way too firm, I layed down and it felt like sleeping on a rock.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Staff was very professional and helpful. Hotel was updated, clean and modern. Carpets were beautiful and also very clean. Nice big walk-in shower. Breakfast buffet was good. Many restaurant choices in the area for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel in a convenient location to the highway as well as shopping and downtown Naperville. Service was friendly and the hotel is clean and comfortable. The hotel recently underwent a refresh which has made it modern and efficient for business and leisure travelers alike. Housekeeping kept my room clean and the front desk was always warm and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 April 2014

When I first entered the hotel's foyer, I saw a sitting area by a cozy fireplace. Not far from it was lemon water and snacks for the taking. Hotel was new and clean. Rooms were clean and quiet. Great stay. Would go there again if working in area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Spring for the breakfast buffet if it is not included in your rate. It was delicious and you won't have to eat again until dinnertime. Continental breakfast is included in many rates and might be good for people who just eat a bit in the morning or need to stop for lunch. When away from home I usually like to go from breakfast til dinner without stopping. The lobby fireplace is a delightful touch. We sat with a cup of tea and relaxed. If the pots are empty just ask someone to help and they fill it up within a minute or two.

The Garden Grill has the best burger I have had in a long time. great fries too. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I ordered some dinner to go and could not carry everything. Someone helped me carry it to my room! The dining staff was attentive and friendly. It seems as if HGI is involved in an educational training program since some of the staff had the most charming accents. Kudos to HGI for your educational endeavors. Try to lure some of these employees to stay as they were fantastic.

Check out the pool. The area is nice and warm. I like my pool water at bathtub temperature but most people would have been happy with the temp.

We walked to the movie theatre across the road. Great prices. It was too cold to try and walk to any local restaurants

The front desk attendant gave us the name and number of a driver who took us to the outlets and scheduled a pick up return time. $15 and worth it.

The room was comfy and the bathroom clean. Nice water pressure in the shower. The drapes kept out the morning sunlight for those of us suffering from jetlag.

My only concern is the heating system. The thermostat did not seem to be accurate. Sometimes the "heater" was blowing cold air even when I set the temperature to 73. It seemed to fluctuate at night. The room was hot and then cold.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Lou DeMarchi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
1 mi away
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Courtyard Chicago Naperville
Courtyard Chicago Naperville
#10 of 18 in Naperville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!