“Wonderful PLace”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful PLace”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Traveled to Chicago for a family graduation - spent 4 days there. My husband got a deal online finding it midway between the family and the train station. This place was fabulous. We had a one bed suite (I think they are all suites) with a full kitchen, living room area, king bed.
I kept saying this place must be new, because everything looked so upgraded (granite counters, full fridge, nicely decorated).
Morning breakfast was busy but still really good = the usual cereal, fruit but also pastry, eggs, sausage, bacon (depending on the day). Beautiful outside barbecue area with patio tables and umbrellas. Large electric fire place where we sat and had a glass of wine one nite.
Pool was great too but way too many kids, get there early I guess.
It's too bad this place is out in the suburbs and not in downtown Chicago. oh well, definitely our place for future visits.
Also, they take dogs under 50 pounds; was weird seeing people check in with them.

Room Tip: Overall the hotel was quiet, our room overlooked the patio area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! It was great to hear you had such a wonderful time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Upon arriving, the staff at the registration desk were very friendly. The check-in process was very quick. The room was very attractive and the furnishings looked new. Everything in the room was also very clean. However, the room had a distinct musky odor. I asked the front desk to send someone up to spray some air freshener. They obliged very quickly and whatever they sprayed masked the smell for the next several hours. However by early morning the smell had returned. The smell was faint, but reminiscent of dirty wet socks. My fifth floor room was extremely quiet until about the last hour of my stay. Around 7 AM the decorative partition that separates the sleeping area from the rest of the room started vibrating quite loudly. I am not sure, but I think this may have been due to the fact that my room was next door to the laundry facility. Since I was already packing to go, it really didn't tarnish the quality of my stay, but I'm sure if I had been asleep at 7 AM (as many people are on a Saturday morning) the vibrating would have made for a rude awakening. The breakfast fare wasn't anything to get excited about, but the dining area was clean and pleasant. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. Since I only used the room for a few hours sleep, the smell and the vibrating partition weren't problematic for me, but these issues might concern me if I were considering this hotel for more of a relaxed stay.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet, but you might want to avoid rooms next to laundry facilities.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you for your very thorough review and the suggestions. Your feedback is extremely valued and will certainly improve on our guest experience in the future. Thank you for your business!
Cincinnati
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I am a long-time fan of the Marriott brand and my default choice is always the Spring Hill Suites, when staying for more than an night or two and not wanting to spend all my budget on the hotel. By fluke, I stayed at a Hyatt Place near Louisville and found it to be very unexpected. When a trip to Chicago demanded my three-night stay, I tried the Hyatt Place (Naperville/Chicago/Lombard) and being a hospitality professional, I'm not easily impressed. This specific property and staff were very impressive!

We arrived late and were greeted by two associates who actually seemed happy to see us and take care of our needs. Extra pillows? No problem. Lower floor? Sure, we can do that. Did we need a wake up call? Not on your life, but thank you. Mind you, all of these tasks were performed, almost covertly, as the associate checked us in, produced keys, showed us the bar, 24/7 food options and kitchen - only after to personally walk us to the elevator, press the button, hand us our keys and wish us a good night.

What the heck was that? I've never experienced such a fantastic level of customer engagement and service. Congratulations, Hyatt Place you have made me look away from my formerly-favorite Marriott. The Hyatt Place is two-for-two, in my recent stays - so I'm feeling that the Hyatt culture is becoming more tech savvy, focused directly on the human interaction (as so many have strayed from) and the properties are downright funky/hipsterish.

The room is sleek and modern with a boutique hotel vibe. The colors and furnishings are comfortable and relaxing. My only suggestion? Don't mount the converter box to the back of the tv. That way, the tv can be turned more effectively towards either the sitting or sleeping area. I realize this is most likely a corporate standard and way to make sure it doesn't disappear. Also, if there are four large bath towels in the shower area, please make sure to have housekeeping return four when refreshing the room. See...just two tiny suggestions because the room was a fantastic value, of uncompromising quality and really made us feel like we were on vacation! By the way...in this specific location, visitors are surrounded by many of the areas lakes and preserves - all with easy access to highways to take you anywhere you need to be.

Congratulations to the Hyatt Place! We will be back. Sorry, Marriott!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel for a lovely lake view! Parking around back is safe/se...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I couldn't have written a better review myself! Thank you for the excellent compliments and suggestion. We certainly appreciate your business and would love to continue to impress you in your future stays! Thanks again!
Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2013

For my birthday my boyfriend and I stayed at Hyatt. We wanted to do the river walk in Naperville, and this hotel was super close! It was a short drive. In addition to that, its near restaurants and shopping. I was obsessed with the rooms. They were beautiful! I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
It was very nice to see that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and you had a great birthday celebration! Make sure to come back and see us every year!
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We just got back from a soccer tournament in Naperville, IL. The tournament director recommended the Hyatt Place and House for our team to stay. We booked at the Hyatt Place and had a great stay. The hotel is very clean and modern. They have a wonderful bar and breakfast area as well as great snacks for purchase. The rooms are very large, we stayed in double room and it had a large sofa in it as well. The only issue I had was that they did not come until close to 5:00 p.m. to clean our room and by that time, we were getting ready to head for dinner and I didn't want anyone else coming in. From what I heard, that did not happen to the others in our party so I think it was just an isolated incident. The staff was very friendly. They have a great workout area and pool that accommodated all of our boys. Should we return to the area I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jeanis1
Thank you very much for the excellent review! We were all happy to hear you all had such a pleasant stay. We hope to see you back for the next soccer tournament! Thanks again!
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Until recently I had never heard of Hyatt Place properties. On a recent business trip I had my first experience with the property and was wonderfully surprised. There is a hip vibe here that was a refreshing change from a long list of very basic properties. The decor is very vibrant, and the studio style room was both functional and fun. The complimentary breakfasts also has their own flair,with unique heated items available. I had a spinach, mushroom and egg croissant. Add in very friendly staff, a more than reasonable nightly rate and it was all in all a very pleasant stay. I have definitely added Hyatt Place properties to the top of my list of properties to stay at on future business and personal stays. Highly encourage you to try one if you haven't already,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
HPWarrenville, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you for the review! We really like the idea of being considered 'hip' and moving to the top of your preferred hotels to stay! Thank you for your outstanding review!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I really liked the rooms in this hotel, modern, well appointed, spacious and clean. Things I didn't like so much were (a) location (b) food service. The hotel is wedged between a highway, a few office buildings and a sprawling residential area. I can't say this is unusual, but there is nothing useful or interesting within walking distance, you definitely need a car for anything you might need. And after a long day of work, if you don't feel like driving, you'd be stuck at the hotel with its limited dining options. The "Gallery" cafe downstairs is just not a good value. They have basic sandwiches, salad and soup, and pizzas. That will do in a pinch, but the prices are rather steep for what you get. I ordered a bowl of soup and was simply amazed by the microscopic size of the "bowl", which looks like a small dish for dipping sauce. For $7.25, I did have the right to expect something a lot more substantial, the portion size they have won't be enough for a small child. Sandwiches are the same way, for $11 you get a modest size and pretty basic fare. I wish they would upgrade their food service to match the price, or make the food more affordable.

On the first night of my stay I had a room on the 5th floor, and apparently there is a large A/C unit installed on the roof, which switches on and off periodically. The noise level was substantial, and there was even some vibration you could feel. I changed the room first thing in the morning, and the personnel were very nice and apologetic about the problem. I hope they'll get it fixed, because I know that other travelers were affected as well.

The exercise room is serviceable, and so is the swimming pool. Unfortunately, there were no clean towels at the pool side when I arrived, a small oversight I supposed.

All in all, it's a pretty nice place, but as I stated above, has a few shortcomings.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We certainly appreciate your feedback and suggestions to improve our services to the best interest of our guests! Thank you again for your business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!