“older hotel, but good value”

Candlewood Suites Chicago/Naperville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Front desk staff was friendly when I checked in. The parking lot and exterior were in good shape. Candlewood cupboard had adequate snacks and reasonalbe prices. the room was very clean. The internet was pretty slow, and the light next to the bed did not work. The desk clerk offered to give me a different room due to the light, but I declined that. Fridge worked fine. I didn't use any other other appliances. Overall, an older hotel but pretty well maintained and not a bad price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed here for a week this summer and overall it was a nice experience. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything and the laundry was free. The location was convenient and the rooms were comparatively spacy comparing to regular hotel rooms.
On the last day of my stay, the gentleman at the front desk, Evan, helped me print out some very important pages which I greatly appreciate. The neighborhood was safe and the barbeque grill by the parking lot gives the hotel a lot of homey feeling.

The only thing that I didn't like was that they only clean up rooms once a week and by the end of our stay the room really needed some cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We found the management of the hotel to be dishonest. We told them we would like to leave a day early and cancel that last day of our reservation. They told us they cancelled the reservation, no problem, all was set. As a result, we did not go back and update our booking site with the cancelation. However, when checking out the next day, they told us they will charge us for the extra day anyway because the booking site was not updated. After speaking with the manager (Joe), he clearly knew they made the mistake, but still charged our credit card. Because I live in the area, I came back the next to the hotel anyway just to ask for the room they charged us for. Well, guess what, they had rented it to someone else and (and now proposed to put me in a different room). Life is too short and too many unexpected consequences occur when working with dishonest people. I recommend finding a different hotel than this one.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2009

As a Priority Club (Holiday Inn) member, I often stay at Staybridge Suites in Oakbrook Terrace. However, I chose this hotel in the same hotel family because it was a block from my meeting and reasonably priced ($10 less per night than the Staybridge Suites). After staying here, I will now travel the extra distance to stay at the Staybridge Suites. On the positive side, the hotel rooms, albeit relatively small, are nice, clean and functional with nice beds. It is an extended stay hotel with full kitchen. The dining table doubles as a desk. The TV (although an older model) had lots of cable channels and HBO, and a DVD/VCR player. There is plenty of free parking. The front desk staff was courteous and gave a gift bag of cookies, bottled water and gum to Priority Club members. (Members also get a free USA Today in the lobby as well). Internet was free and fast (both wi-fi and ethernet line). However, the amenities compared to other extended stay hotels like Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn and Homewood Suites is sorely lacking.
First, unlike other extended stay hotels that replace bed linen weekly but refresh towels and tidy the room up (e.g. make up the bed), this hotel will not touch your room for a week. If you need fresh towels, you have to exchange them at the front desk.
Second, there is no complimentary breakfast, and there are no restaurants (or grocery stores) close by. They do, however, have a small convenience store inside.
Third, there is no business center to print boarding passes, but there is a fitness room
Fourth, they use an automated system for people to reach you when they call in. If you do not set up your voicemail on your room phone, people cannot reach you.
Fifth, the toiletries are real budget quality. The combined shampoo/conditioner was like water. Finally, I found the temperature controls hard to work and the unit constantly running, so I shut it off completely.
Don't get me wrong. This is a nice clean hotel that just lacks some of the amenities that I am used to. I feel that the extra $10 and travel distance to stay at another extended stay hotel like Staybridge Suites, is more than worth it, especially what you will save on breakfast. I will not stay at another Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank drichrx
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I disliked this place immensely and left much sooner than anticipated. And what will I be missing? A tiny, semi-clean room with old, noisy appliances or perhaps the lovely dictator who runs it and his army of mindless drones??? I think not! Save yourself a headache, go somewhere else, anywhere else.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 26 November 2007

I was able to get this hotel for $39 a night from hotwire. It cost me $50 after taxes and fees.

i was at the hotel when i first opened 5-6 years back. not much has changed, and its a bit worn, but still very clean and tidy.

The guy at the front was nice - he told me i was lucky to be able to get the rate that i did because the hotel was completely booked for the next two weeks with corporate guests.

the room was plenty spacious,. beds were better than they used to be, but they aren't courtyard, fairfield's or hamptons. then again, i paid $50 total.

location was great. close to 88 and plenty of shopping, target, pharmacy, food, etc.

it's a no brainer for the deal i got.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 28 July 2007

Nice place. I like the location, and it always seems to be quiet. The kitchen is nice and the quality of the appliances and utensils and other equipment is above average. Sometimes, spaghetti cooked in a kitchenette is as close to home as we can get for quite some time, and this room gave me that.
The free DVD rentals were a big hit with my son, and the staff was very helpful.
This has been my pick of hotels for my last two business trips to Chicago, and most likely, it will be my first choice on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Joker42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago/Naperville? Share your experiences!