Spent a week here on a business trip, the hotel has a few issues but for the most part I enjoyed my stay.
This is an older "L" shaped Candlewood that appears to have recently undergone the interior renovation that was created by the graduate students at Savannah College of Art and Design. I really like the layout and design of these particular hotels, much better then some of the newer Candlewoods actually. It's a very comfortable and functional design.
All of the items in the room that were renovated were still in great shape, it's the old items that were not replaced that were the problems. For example the fridge was rather loud, the garbage disposal did not work, the sinks didn't drain well, the AC/Heating/Thermostat unit was hard to get the room at a comfortable temperature, etc. All of these items were part of the original design and had not been replaced though.
Those were the primary negatives though, everything else was great. The hotel is in a safe, nice, suburban area. It was really quiet at the hotel, never heard a peep from another guest in the halls or rooms making noise.
Internet worked great and was fast, speed tests showed 15Mbps upload and download speeds, you don't typically get upload speeds that fast in most hotels, a handful of hotels I have stayed in have had higher download speeds but not many and none ever had the upload speeds of this one. Internet is important in a business hotel and these guys don't skimp on it so kudos to them.
Cleanliness was great, had no issues in that department. Bed as with all Candllewoods was a Sealy Posteurpedic, mattress tag showed it was only about 5 years old and was still comfortable and had plenty of padding.
There is an open field in back of the hotel and apparently a skunk has taken up residence there so a couple of nights I was at the hotel the skunk sprayed in the middle of the night and stunk up the entire hotel. Not a big deal though, I'll take skunk smells over noisy neighbors any day....lol.
All in all I enjoyed this hotel and will return from now on anytime I'm in the Chicago area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites Chicago Naperville Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite for the business or relocating traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator.You can work efficiently at your desk with two separate phone lines and high-speed Internet. Relax in the over-sized recliner while you enjoy your favorite DVD/CD, or borrow hit CDs and movies from our video/CD library located at the front desk. Work off stress in our fitness center, or to curb those late night munchies visit the Candlewood Cupboard. Our setting is the perfect choice for relocation, business or leisure travelers. Located right off I-88 in the heart of Naperville's High Tech Corridor, we are just minutes from Lucent Technologies, BP Amoco, Tellabs, Nalco, downtown Naperville, NIU and DePaul University. We are an economical alternative when coming to the area to watch Nascar at the Chicagoland Motor Speedway. You may also want to come to the area to shop at the new Chicago Premium Outlets or experience some of our great dining options, such as Rock Bottom Brewery or Morton's Steakhouse or Maggiano s. We are also only minutes away from Hollywood Casino, Cantigny, and the Morton Arboretum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chicago/Naperville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Warrenville Hotel Warrenville
- Candlewood Warrenville
- Warrenville Candlewood Suites