“What a hidden Gem”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Southampton, United Kingdom
“What a hidden Gem”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We arrived at this hotel 12 days ago and What a great surprise it was. The suite we rented had every facility needed to make our trip to see our Grand Daughters and for them to come and visit perfect. The staff were ALL without doubt the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in a long time at many worldwide locations.

The hotel front desk welcome was great, breakfast was supplied as part of the booking and the evening "Happy Hours" Monday - Thursday were an unexpected bonus, with snacks (light meals) and alcoholic beverages supplied on the house.

The leisure facilities (Gym, Pool and Hot-tub) were kept in a spotless condition together with bathrooms. The Pool Table, Basket Ball Court were ideal for keeping the kids amused.

For me the biggest bonus was the Small Shop and the unlimited supply of hot drinks in the foyer.

The self service laundry was also and added bonus.

Room Tip: With children choose a one or two bedroom suite
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Easy access to Naperville with a car. Newer building that is well maintained. Attractive and spacious first floor lobby and eating area. Self-service breakfast (included) offers a good variety with some hot items. A bit crowded at breakfast. Two internet stations with attached printers. Residence Inn rooms typically include a full kitchen with large refrigerator, stove, dishes and sink. Wi-fi included. We slept 4 in a room with separate rooms, living room with pull-out couch and bedroom. Pull-out not terribly large or comfortable. Stayed on a one night free night certificate; room rate would have been around $160 or so, thus the 'value' rating, especially if sleeping only 1 or 2 people. Parking is spread around the large building, so for most people it is a walk to the main entrance. Five floors, with two very slow elevators. Friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KenJohn316
Christina S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Good Morning Ken Jon!
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! Collecting honest guest feedback is the best way for us to grow and improve our service, so we definitely appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel comfortable and conducive to you and your family’s travel needs. Guest service is the sole focus of the entire team and I am so pleased you found the staff friendly and attentive. I know you have lots of choices when choosing a hotel, thank you for choosing ours and we hope to see you back again soon!!

Kind Regards,
Christina
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay for extended trips. The facility is immaculate. I saw a gentleman hand polishing the stainless steel panels in the elevator until it shined. Watch the front desk though. They tried to bait and switch my rate. Also they did not honor the requests I made when booking reservations such as room type and upper floor room.

• Stayed August 2013
MESA
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Everything was first class at this place. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. Room was very nice and clean. Pool area was clean and well stocked with towels. This how all hotels should be. We stayed two night and told the maid not to bother cleaning our room after the first day but she went ahead and cleaned anyway after we left for the day. Not sure if she understood English very well.

Planning on staying here on our next visit to the area. It was somewhat pricey but they made it very worthwhile.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Christina S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Good Evening Donna,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so pleased you had such a great experience. We strive to deliver superior customer service and maintain an extremely high level of cleanliness, I am thankful you experienced just that. We look forward to serving you again next time you are visiting the area!
Kirkwood, Missouri
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our first impression was not good-when checking in; later than we hoped, traffic was terrible. There was confusion that we wanted to be on the same floor with our daughter's family even though we had called and requested this a week earlier. Had to wait an additional ten minutes for our room and did not get requested king bed.
Room was adequate but looked worn out. The pillows left something else to be desired. They divided when laid on so that you had stuffing on either side of your face and nothing under your head. No amount of pillows remedied the situation to the point that I got a toss pillow off of the couch to put under the pillows for support. Mattress was superior.
Housekeeping was prompt and good. Breakfast was okay, breakfast meats would be a welcome addition. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool. And a nice addition was a seating area in an outside courtyard as the weather was exceptional.

Room Tip: The entry door to the inn is small and awkward, difficult to hold the door and push luggage cart thr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
NC
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My visit would have been great, as always, except Michael is no longer there with his friendly welcome and great suggestions for dining. Instead, after driving 14 hours straight, I checked in to my dismay with a grumpy, older gentleman behind the desk. Instead of giving my the usual spiel, he mumbled that since I had been there before he did not need to tell me about the hotels amenities. I had requested a top floor 2 bedroom away from the sports court...where was my room...directly above the sports court. I was told HE never turns the light out on the sports court. Don't know why RI feels the need for these as they attract non guests and are often extremely noisy with the lights shining in your window half the night. When I asked if another room was available, I was told all 2 bedrooms were on that side of the building. Not true as I stayed across the hall in a 2 bedroom two months earlier. Otherwise, hotel was, as always, a first class Residence Inn. Rest of front desk staff were friendly and helpful during my stay.

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep and quiet during the day...ask for a room on the opposite of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If I was not told about the recent multi million dollar renovation, I sure wouldn't be able to tell. The place was clean but the room furnishings and coloring seemed dated and dark. On an extended stay hotel like this especially a Marriott Residence Inn, I do expect easy access to the front lobby, a nice decent full breakfast bar and exhaust fan in the bathroom. They must've somehow forgot to upgrade the entrance and bath since the front door is so tiny that coming in or out is difficult especially with luggage nor is there an easy way to just park at the curb and wheel the belongings in using a hotel luggage cart because you can't with the raised curb and steps nor is there a place to unload conveniently. Breakfast selection seemed OK but the bar closes at 9am so residents who have say early medical appointments at the nearby cancer clinic won't be able to make it back in time for a late breakfast (across the street at the Hyatt, the breakfast bar is open till 10am). I was stunned that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. On an extended hotel, that should be a must. They do furnish courtesy vans to take residents to nearby places within 5 mile radius. However, their operating hours are very limited and nothing on weekends. They do have complimentary social hours on weeknights but the selection is pretty poor as compared to the Hyatts across the street. The staff at this hotel were nice, friendly and very helpful. If you don't mind a tiny entrance with no way to unload your luggage conveniently and a darker room with dated furnishings, this place should be OK to stay. If you want something better than what I had described above, then choose the two Hyatts across the street. If you are patient with the cancer clinics nearby with a long term treatment schedule, you should choose other facilities like the Hyatt than this one.

Room Tip: Tour the facility first as well as other hotels in the area before deciding especially on a longer t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina S, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
YWW168:
Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at the Residence Inn Warrenville. I am disappointed to read your dissatisfaction with the hotel furnishings and decor, though I am pleased to see the hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and you were satisfied with the level of cleanliness we maintain. I will share the feedback regarding the building's features that were an inconvenience to you. We are always looking to improve our team and our product, therefore guest feedback is much appreciated. Thank you again, take good care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!