“These folks really pay attention to details” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville

SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Warrenville
Grayslake, Illinois
“These folks really pay attention to details”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

The hotel was nice and clean, the rooms large and comfortable. They paid attention to the level of the guest and i stayed with a number of colleagues. Everyone who had Hilton Honors levels got recognized at the desk and there was a gift (beer and cheese) in the fridge. The sales person who we booked the meeting with recognized the main people. Just great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Spend last Saturday here arriving late as just a place to lay our heads for the evening with planned shopping at Chicago Premium Outlets the next morning. Check in easy and facility extremely clean. Hotel sits right off expressway but was so tired didn't notice any road noise.
Outlet mall was only 10 minutes away and dowtown Chicago took 50 minutes from the outlet mall.

Complimentary breakfast in the morning was just ok. Nothing special but was free.

Overall, I would certainly stay here again. The rooms were nothing special and the little dishwasher in the suite looked very dated so gave away the hotel age. However lobby was nicely decorated and updated. For a budget to moderate price it was perfect and safe.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SpringhillWRNVL_GM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that our hotel's cleanliness exceeded your expectations. I noticed that you did not seem to enthusiastic about our breakfast offerings. We are always looking to improve our breakfast to meet the needs of our guests. Can you please let me know if there was something you would like to see added or changed? What would make our breakfast great? I also noticed that you mentioned the rooms seemed a little dated - we are actually about to undergo renovations at the hotel shortly. I would love to invite you back to see our updated look when we are finished with the guest rooms this coming Spring!
Thank you for choosing the Springhill and for your valuable feedback.

Wilton, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I have come to expect this at most Marriott properties. I got a good rate and the place was new. It's junk, noisy and not clean. Hilton properties are far superior. I should have paid the 19 more a night for the Hilton garden inn down the street.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
Dear Mike -

I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience at our hotel. From your review it is hard for me to tell what you were unhappy about. You mention that the hotel was noisy and unclean and I would like to be able to resolve these issues for further guests. Can you please elaborate on the issues you experienced? I am disappointed to hear you say your room was not clean because as you can tell from reviews of our hotel, that is not typical - and if this is an issue I would like to resolve it immediately. You can email me directly at wrn@fhginc.com. I am looking forward to your response.

General Manger
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

It is a good and clean hotel. It is accessible to a lot of local offices. There are some good places for dining and entertainment close by. The breakfast options are good. Accessibility to O-Hare is also not bad. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Vinod -

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. The staff works very hard for and has a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and they were happy to see it was up to your standards! We hope you stay with us again if you have occasion to visit the area. Thank you for your feedback.

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Unfortunately this is our first negative review placed on Trip Advisor, however had to do it with our bad experience. We had reservations for September 1 and September 2 for this hotel. My wife and I and three daughters were tourists in the "Windy City area" for Labor Day weekend. We knew on Saturday afternoon that we would arrive very late at the hotel as we were downtown shopping and were attending the "Blue Man Group" show at 10:00pm on Sat eve(which I will give a review of next, great show!), so we called the hotel to make sure everything was good and asked for extra towels, everything was assured to be ok for a 12:30am arrival for our two beds with the hide-a-bed sofa for the 5th person.

We arrived at about 12:30am and the nice young man at the front desk let us know that they had overbooked and all that was left was a room with one king bed and the hide-a-bed, and he had no record of the afternoon phone call. Obviously we were not happy campers, we were offered to go down the street to the Hampton Inn with two beds, still defeating the purpose of choosing the room with two beds and the hideabed, this obviously was not a viable option. The young man then offered to comp the room as it was their mistake, very nice gesture, we then asked for additional blankets and pillows to try to make the persons night on the floor a little better, he politely agreed and quickly brought them up to us.

I offered to be the one on the floor and it actually wasn't that bad if you are ok sleeping on the floor. I had a feeling the breakfast would be crowded since they were overbooked and boy was I right. At 8:30am the breakfast area was very chaotic! Wouldn't you assume that if you had a FULL hotel the night before, at a hotel where the breakfast was included, that you would bring in extra help and provide ample seating?? There was a meeting room open for additional seating, however it only had very limited chairs, when we asked if some additional chairs could be brought out the reply was "Oh, we can not take meeting chairs into the breakfast area". We debated and finally a "few" additonal chairs were brought out. The food was not kept quickly refreshed so with the very large crowd anything that was put out was quickly gone and there was a wait for even bagels or fruit??

I applaud the young man who checked us in, wish I could remember his name, who was told by us that it was not his fault but he got the worst of the complaint. Did not want to take the time to talk to anyone else at the property and am very thankful for Trip Advisor to vent to fellow travellers!! We did not stay the second night and do not know what they would have offered to us, if anything.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dan R
Dear Dan -

I am sorry it has taken me a while to respond to your review. I am disheartened to hear you had such a negative experience during your stay. I do wish I was able to speak to you before you left so I could have resolved the issues you had.
To address your comments specifically: I have reviewed our communication procedures and habits with the staff to ensure that guest calls and requests are logged and tracked properly. I appreciate your patience with the front desk staff that delivered the bad news to you and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen in the future. I have also discussed staffing levels and breakfast overflow with the hotel team to ensure that adequate seating is available. I understand how frustrating an overcrowded breakfast area can be, and have made sure we have enough seating for everyone.
I would like to discuss any other issues you experienced at the hotel to make sure they are addressed and would also like to invite you back to stay with us again to see that these issues have been resolved. Please feel free to contact me directly at WRN@fhginc.com.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed one night (July 27, 2012). The staff at this hotel are very friendly. This was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites and I was not impressed. The room was a dissapointment as it was a suite and was super small. The bathroom sink is in front of the bed. The bathroom (toilet/tub) is tiny. The black coffee cup was dirty inside AND the sheets did not fit the bed as the corners kept coming up so your body (legs/feet & hands as my hands were underneath my pillow) was on the actual mattress pad. It was horrible fighting sheets all night long. Due to the uncleanliness and the sheets, I've rated a poor as this is not something you expect from the Marriott brand. I asked for a late checkout and did not use it; instead I left early.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I originally made a reservation to stay at this hotel for 8 nights. However, we were so disappointed with the room and had to move out earlier. The "suite" was very small. It was basically a regular Fairfield room with an extra sofabed and a sink. It was not a real suite because there was no door between the "bedroom" and the "living area". What made it worse was the bathroom sink was right in front of the beds, and if the parents go to bed late or get up early, they either have to turn on the light to wake up their kids, or they have to do it in the dark. On one of the days, the room service lady did not even make the bed. At first when my wife complained about the room, I was really reluctant to move because I did not want to cancel a booking I made and lose the money I already prepaid. But things eventually got so bad that we did not have any room to store our stuff and we had to move out earlier. This hotel ruined my trip entirely. I am a Marriott Reward silver member and I normally have a very good feeling about Marriott hotels. However this hotel really disappointed me. I would advise others to stay somewhere else when they visit Chicago and I personally will not stay at any other Spring Hill Suites again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank atwater5122
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville
Residence Inn Chicago Naperville/Warrenville
HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Naperville/Warrenville? Share your experiences!