“Week night visit” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
WASHINGTON
“Week night visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We go to Palanzas 3-4 times a year. On our most recent visit, we sat ourselves at a table for six people that had a "reserved" sign posted. There were many tables with similar "reserved" signs. I understand maximizing the available seats. There were three people in our party and it was 7:30 pm. The hostess politely asked us to move to a smaller table ( for four people). The restaurant was half full at best, with most guests finishing their meals. The table we were directed to was cramped between two tables with one of the tables a party of ten with an upset baby and a couple of younger children who could not sit still while constantly bumping into the back of my chair.The experience was one that I will not be going back anytime soon. The hostess should have used common sense to see that out dining experience was not good.

2 Thank William S

East Peoria, IL
“Didn't live up to the memories”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hubby & I hadn't been to Palanza's in a very long time. We had great memories of good food & service. Unfortunately, we didn't have either. We waited and waited for service, then waited even longer for our order. The salad, which used to be wonderful, was wilted and not even green ... like it was OLD. Lots and lots of great Italian restaurants in the area - certainly won't waist my time & money again here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Downstate Illinois
“A fine local Italian resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Palanza's has been around since 1957. They are known for their pizza and fried chicken. There is nothing fancy there, just good food. Prices are a little on the high side for the type of restaurant, but the food is decent and the service is usually good too. Go early on weekends, as the seating is limited.

• Visited April 2013
Peoria, IL
“Local favorite.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have been eating at Palanza's since the sixties. The chicken special is my favorite, but I love the salad dressing. Homemade with lots of garlic. Pizza is unigue.

Visited September 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“One of the highlights of my trips back home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Palanzas has a special place in my heart. My family has eaten here for years and everytime we make it back "home" we have to stop and get a pizza. The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside and the interior decor is remeniscent of other midwestern family owned restaurants. It's tacky, but understated and almost tasteful. The pizza is a wonderful cracker-like thincrust with an incredible texture that I've never tasted anywhere else. The garlic-cheese bread is to kill for, the wings are pretty darn good as is the pasta.

If you're anywhere in the area visiting central IL Palanzas is DEFINITELY worth the trip. During my trips "home" to Sunnyland it isn't surprising to see people from multiple walks of life (families to Cat executives) enjoying the "Palanzas Experience."

• Visited August 2012