“Not so special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stopped for lunch on Sunday about 11:20. Upon arriving the wait staff was very friendly. I ordered the Sunday Special of Roast turkey, dressing and sides. The waitress brought be a water and warm bread and butter, which was delicious. It was only a short wait for food as there were only 3 other diners at the time. It smelled wonderful. But as I began to dine, the wonderfully seasoned dressing was a bit overdone and tasted rewarmed. My turkey was dry and lots of skin. The sweet potatoes were more of mush, needed a spoon to eat. The green beans with onions and yellow bell peppers were good. The gravy was very tasteless and not complimentary to the meat or dressing, so I didn't use that, which luckily was in it's own dish. I was hoping for a seared sweet potato or even sweet potato casserole. Overall, I was disappointed with the meal. Felt like I came for leftovers, although I'm sure they cook fresh daily. This meal needs a bit of sprucing up. Maybe they will change to something more spring/summer-ish as the new season unfolds. I know I have had other meals here and enjoyed them especially pizzas, so I will return, especially during mild weather and enjoy the patio seating again. So I will rate this time - medium. I know most meals are better.

There are newer reviews for JFires Market Bistro

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The food and service has been so unreliable over the last couple of years. My recent experience was positive. I had a young male waiter...great service, even toward the end of the night. Everyone enjoyed their meal. There were no complaints about the food from the entire table. The prices have always seemed a little high, especially when paired with poor service or bad food in the past. The food and drinks came out in a timely manner. The only downside to the whole experience was the indoor seating due to the weather. The floors are wood, sound carries, and it makes people feel like they have to whisper. There are 5 or 6 tables in the south main floor dining space. Something about the indoor space is just "off". I can't put my finger on it. Sit outside if weather permits. If you have been avoiding JFires, consider giving them another chance. Write a review, positive or negative. I am curious to see if others have noticed an improvement or if I just happened to catch the location on a good night.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant for something different. Nice food selection. Food is very creative. Inside dining is a little tight sometimes. Great bread pudding.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Sit outside if you can. They have a wonderful shady beer garden with live music some nights. Try the wood fired pizza. Every dish has some special touch, like gorgonzola cheese on the pizza.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We've eaten here a couple times and I'm always reminded how good it is and ask myself why i don't come back more often. The food is just excellent, from the dinners even to the sandwiches and burgers with hand-cut fries. Personal favorites for appetizers are the Boudin balls, the gumbo and the flatbread pizzas. Really looking forward to warmer weather and hanging out on the patio for a meal or drinks.