“Our Favorite Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Waterloo, Illinois
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Food is always excelent. I have been to many good German Restaurants and have been to Germany several times. Can't say that I have ever experienceed more authentic food anywhere else in the states. Food is always great, the owners come out to greet and meet their guests. Great Place we eat there often.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank RobLambert52

Imperial, Missouri
“Yuck”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I took my parents there when they came to visit me last time. I had read the reviews... After I ate there I decided that anyone who rates it at all favorably has certainly never been to Germany. It was just not good. I got Jäger schnitzel, and it was just an americanized version of something resembling a thin veal steak with mushroom gravy - I'm pretty sure things came out of cans. I'm sorry, but it's not worth the drive, nor the money.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Julia W
Maeystown Illinois
“Good German food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

If you like authentic German food, you might like this place. It is a nice drive in the country. The red cabbage and potato cakes are very good.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank maggiepiggie
Waterloo, IL
“Yummm!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Extremely friendly staff. Dreamland has an excellent menu. If you don't care for german food they also have steak, seafood, etc.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank runfromthekids
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Dreamland Palace is in the middle of nowhere, trust me it adds to the charm. My wife and I pulled in on a very busy night, one we were unsure that a table would be available (too indecisive to make reservations). Mike, the owner, came out and greeted us and welcomed us straight to a table. The place is absolutely beautiful, they have steins, clocks, and other German delights all over the wall. The centerpiece of the dining room is the original 19th century bar that came with the location.

The owner comes around and talks to everyone, it appeared as though dining at the dreamland was quite the ritual for a lot of folks on this particular night. While the complementary salad bar was not really my style, my wife rather enjoyed it. The food was fantastic, but the service did need some work. I understand that large tables made it hard to get food in a reasonable manner, but our waiter was not attentive to our beverages at all.

The German fare was as authentic as I have had at any German restaurant and some of the options were absolutely fantastic. I recommend this restaurant to any person looking for a new experience.

• Visited December 2013