We stayed for four nights in the casita Los Colibries, and I have to say we had very high expectations for our stay based on the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. It is a rare thing indeed to head somewhere with such high expectations, and to have those expectations not only fully met, but well and truly surpassed and exceeded - but this is indeed what we found with our visit to the delightful Pachamama Jungle River Lodge. There are not enough words in the English language to capture just how wonderful our stay here was, but having travelled widely in Costa Rica - I would happily recommend this wonderful lodge as the nicest place that I have had the pleasure to stay. Estelle and Florian clearly care very deeply about their guests, and this care was evident on a continual basis throughout our stay - from the delightful breakfasts served daily to our deck (including the best crepes ever tasted!), to all the small added extras (umbrellas on a rare rainy morning, the flashlight to get us to dinner etc.!).
Having stayed in Manzanillo, and visited Punta Vjelo - there is no doubt in my mind that anyone making the pilgrimage to this delightful part of the Caribbean coast, should stay in Punta Uva - delightful beaches, crystal clear seas, abundant wildlife (howler monkeys, capuchins, sloths, birds galore) and the piece de resistence, the Pachamama Jungle River Lodge! There is no better alternative!
Thank-you Estelle and Florian for your wonderful hospitality, and for a truly memorable stay. You should be very proud of all you have achieved, and we wish you great things for the future - hopefully we will get the opportunity to visit you again someday :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 8 kilometers from Puerto Viejo, within the “Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge,” Estelle and Florian welcome you, 200 meters from the wonderful Punta Uva beach, in their lush tropical garden at the edge of a river. Punta Uva beaches, ideal for swimming and all very beautiful are located 200 meters from Pachamama, at the mouth of Rio Ernesto, our jungle river. Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of tropical nature, while still being steps or paddles from the beach and close to local restaurants and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pachamama Jungle River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pachamama House And Bungalows
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel Manzanillo