“Staying at Villa Toucan is an incredible and...”
other traveller has booked this property
BEDROOM BEDROOM
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
EXTERIOR
KITCHEN
LIVING ROOM
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Christine...
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Staying at Villa Toucan is an incredible and unusual experience!”
Reviewed 8 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My husband and I spent three nights at Villa Toucan with some friends of ours. The house is truly amazing. The living area and two bathrooms are open on one wall allowing fabulous views of the Caribbean from the living area, and jungle plants and animals from the bathrooms. From the bathrooms, you see frogs, hummingbirds, monkeys, red ginger, bananas, etc. The Caribbean, toucans, monkeys, and owls dominate the view from the living area/deck. The bedrooms are well-screened and insect-free for a good night's sleep. The howler monkeys are your alarm clocks! The open plan prevents the dampness and mustiness associated with the humid Caribbean coast.
The Pintos were excellent hosts and the house was well-stocked with everything we needed. Their daughter, Maya, is 10 or 11, and recommended a nearby restaurant, El Refugio. The food was fabulous and the dining experience equaled the cuisine. We got a discount on our meal for mentioning the referral.
We visited the Jaguar Rescue while in Punta Uva .It was fun and memorable.
I will recommend Villa Toucan to friends and will return for a visit myself.
Do remember to bring some mosquito repellent. They were pesky in August, but we didn't get many bites using the repellent, one bite or so each.
All of us in our party enjoyed the stay and plan to return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The design of the house
Liked least: Mosquitoes
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Costa Rica

naackerso...
Parker, Colorado
“Paradise in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 18 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

My wife and two children ages 6 and 10 stayed at Villa Toucan for 8 days and it was the experience of a lifetime both for us and our kids. We have traveled many places as far west as Korea to as far east as Turkey for vacations and I can truly say that our trip to Costa Rica and our stay at Villa Toucan was nothing short of spectacular. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left was exquisite. For those of you who have not experienced the jungle in luxury i would highly recommend Villa Toucan as your place to stay. We saw two different kinds of monkeys, sloths, wonderful and enchanting insects you would not see in any other place in the world and enough birds including the majestic toucan all from your Villa. The rooms are comfortable, private and and an experience only being there could explain. The view from the open air deck is divine, its a short drive drive to the beach and all the equipment you need to play from snorkels to boogie boards and if your adventurous enough you can grab a surf board. For breakfast, you can grab the freshest eggs you have ever had out of the chicken coop, for lunch you can grab something to fire up on the outdoor grill from the local pulperia (small grocery store). The best part, the owners. Manuel and Emmanuel are your hosts, their house is your house, anything you need they have and would happily give you their shirt off their back to make your stay more comfortable. Im a very pragmatic person and have a high standard of where my family and I stay, you had better book this house for your accommodations in Costa Rica as we will be going again and there is no question as to where my family and I stay, no question. You are also a short drive from some of the most delicious fare, just ask Manuel and he will guide you to the most romantic locations and to the most mesmerizing beaches Costa Rica has to offer, you will not miss a thing and will not be misguided or caught up in the normal run of the mill tourist attractions that only enhance this wonderful experience. From service to adventure to romanticism to family bonding, I hope you enjoy your journey to Villa Toucan.

Cheers

Nick

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
18 Apr 2011
Thanks Nick and Ashley and the family! We really enjoyed meeting you and can't wait to see you soon again! PURA VIDA
CA
Reviewed 10 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44

Reviewed 28 December 2010 for a stay in December 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing