SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstoilet and sinkgreat lakesseparate roomsmall barsix flagswafflesshower areanavy graduationsitting areabreakfast attendantcheck in was a breezefree breakfastrooms are spaciousmini fridgeminute drivegetting readyexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Visited this area for our son's Navy boot camp graduation. We were so pleased with the cleanliness of this hotel upon our arrival. Our room was on the 4th floor but away from the elevator...I would suggest requesting as far away from the elevator as possible tho because of the noise we heard about. The room was very spacious with a sofa area where our Sailor could just kick back, relax & watch TV or use his computer. The two queen beds had very soft blankets & were very comfortable, they had five pillows each! There was one bathroom w/sink /toilet & the other larger one had a very nice glass shower, large sink & mirror. There is a large closet & plenty of places to put your luggage off the floor. We really appreciated having the ability to control the ac/heat & open the window for fresh air if we chose to. There was a good continental breakfast with a Belgian waffle maker too! All in all our stay here was a very positive one!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Summergirl1959
dheinlein, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

Dear Summergirl1959: thanks for your review! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us – congrats to your son on his graduation!

Best regards.
Andy Hollen, General Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2010

Just returned from our sons graduation from Boot Camp. Very contemporary European feel and the place was clean. Stayed here because of the "rave reviews". I wish we had a better experience.. We were assigned 4th floo roomr next to elevator. The hydrolics made so much noise we asked to be moved. So they moved us to the second floor; two rooms down from the rear of the elevator shaft. WOW, it was twice as loud! I went to complain and was told, bluntly "we are sold out, but can move you back to the 4th floor (with an expression on her face like I really put her out). At that point, we should have checked out; but my family had already started unpacking, and my wife said well just make the best of it. Come to find out the elevator equipment on the first floor runs directly under the three rooms behind the shaft on the 2nd floor. If you are looking for a restful sleep, insist on a room away from noise or go elsewhere. There are many new hotels around this complex. As a final good-bye after 4 nights, we went to print our boarding passes in the "Business Center". No ink in either rpinter. Brought this to their attention; waited 20 minutes, the left for the airport-empty handed. Not so #1 in my book.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pilot2643
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Being from Scotland we decided on a different style of holiday this year other than the usual European beach holiday we normally opt for. The Chicago vicinity was our chosen destination this time and we were not to be disappointed.
This hotel was excellent, the reception staff (Melissa and co) were unbelievably friendly and helpful and always gave us 100% of their attention when dealing with a request.
The Hotel room we stayed in was immense, the bed my wife and myself shared was comfy and relaxing, my son had the fold away variety which doubled as a couch, but he thought the bed was great too - being a double and also extremely comfortable. The shower was powerful and refreshing and the whole room was cleaned to a very high standard.
After a hard day's shopping in Chicago for wife and son it was great to come back and relax in the room with it's free internet access and modern up to date LCD TV.
A fridge and microwave provided for patrons allowed snacks to be prepared and the coffee maker was always well re stocked the following day. The room also provided an Iron, Ironing board and hairdryer, little things that make life so much easier!
Soft drinks and free Ice were available from vending machines at the far end of the lobby, and other items were available to purchase from the reception area such as crisps, sweets and toiletries etc.
The breakfast is to be recommended with a good mixed variety of fresh morning goodies to set you up for the day. I my opinion there's no need for a restaurant on site as the area is surrounded with good quality eateries, catering for all tastes.
The hotel is well situated within easy access to nearby motorways and highways.
If I decided to return to the Chicago area I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while he was in town on business. We arrived late in the evening and were promptly greeted by staff members who offered us cookies. The rooms were very clean and even though there were many people staying in the hotel (as you could tell by the parking lot), it was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast available in the morning was quite tasty with a nice variety of items. Also, there are a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms, so if you want something else you can always go to the Super Walmart down the road.

All in all, a very pleasant experience and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank lefty0418
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Everyone's reviews below are right on! We attended the Naval graduation, and found this hotel to be exceptional. The Naval base is within 10 to 15 minutes away, and Metra just beyond the base. A special "thank you" to Marco for helping with reservations, and to the maintenance gentleman in the early morning who helped me with coffee! Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a great visit.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family