“Great Stay for a cheap price!”
Review of Motel 6 Waukegan

Motel 6 Waukegan
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Staying at this location for my brother's RTC Graduation at Great lakes. The motel is only 10 mins away from the base. Staff is great! Very polite and helpful! Rooms are dated and could use things like flat screen TVs, hair dryers, irons, etc. but room is very spacious and clean! Beds are very comfortable! In short, for $50 bucks it can't get any better than this especially when all other hotels in the area wants to charge 70+!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Felicia S

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have worked in the hotel/restaurant business for 14 yrs and I have never stayed at a hotel that was so unsanitary. We reserved two rooms for our family, for our son's Navy graduation. There was hair in the beds, hair in the tubs, hair in the folds of the towels. Our stepdaughter and her mom had crusty stains and personal hair in their bed and tub. When the housekeeper came to clean the rooms she used one brush continuously dipped in a solution from room to room to clean the tubs. When we checked in our room had no washcloths, no shampoo or conditioner. The ice machine didn't work and the staff looked unwashed(greasy hair, very worn tee shirts etc), very unprofessional. You couldn't pay me to ever stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nikki C
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We came to Great Lakes area to see our son graduate from the naval training base. We could not have had a better experience at this hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and clean. The room came with a king size bed and fridge/microwave, everything we could need. We used our naval graduation to get a fantastic rate and the location was less than 10 mins from the naval base. The staff went out of their way to help us every time we asked for anything and gave us great recommendations for dining establishments in the area. Finally, the breakfast restaurant - Emily's Pancake House - was far more than we expected with eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area. Fantastic choice!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kate W
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Motel 6 have Bed Bugs please check Bed Bug registry befor you make reservation this hotel is under the bed bug registry but under a different name i was ther on 9/27/12 to attend a graduation at US Navy academy with my family.The manager tried to tell me it was a spidder i looked it up on line the bugs was alike and it was a bed bug i killed one with a napkin nothing but blood was on the napkin. please dont go there .

Room Tip: not at 31 N. Greene Bay Rd
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tanika j
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Motel 6 has a reputation for clean, comfortable rooms that are budget friendly; I should know, I work in one! But staying in this motel was hands down the worst motel experience of my life! My family and I were looking for a well-priced room in close vicinity to the NAVY base, for graduation, and we chose this motel because of the reviews calling it "clean and cheap." That was a horrible decision, we should have been able to tell by what looked like a drug deal in the parking lot! On the way to the room, after checking in, there was a guy smoking pot in the indoor hall! The room itself wasn't bad - except for the cardboard bed. After 20 minutes in the room, we decided to turn the A/C unit on, and it flooded 1/4 the room with five minutes. At that point, we decided to leave. There were panhandlers in the pool area and I can't even begin to describe how filthy and out of stock the lobby restroom was! The only good part of the less than 45 minutes I was at the hotel was how helpful the gentleman at the front desk was. He was gracious and understanding and immediately gave me a refund. My advice: stay as far away from this Motel 6 as possible! It gives the rest of a bad name!

Room Tip: The Best Western in the town over is a little bit pricier, but it's beautiful & totally wort...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meg_WOakdale
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stopped in for a night on my way to see a friend in Green Bay. The price was right so I thought I would give it a try. Bad mistake. First let me say the rooms were far from great but not awful. My problems started up in room 237 around 2;30 am when I got up to go to the bathroom. I noticed an itchy bump on my leg and thought, nah it couldn't be (meaning bed bugs, of which I had just been advised by my friend to be on the lookout for as their is supposedly an epidemic in this area.) I went back to my bed and pulled back the covers and sure enough there were 4 or 5 of them crawling around in my bed!! One was so full of my blood it had exploded! Needless to say I took a hot shower and checked out as soon as I could. Management was totally indifferent, even after I brought a dead one down for them to see. Tried several attempts to reach the owner, never did call me back. Did get a letter from cooperate apologizing but unable to do anything. Had to spend several hours disinfecting clothes and luggage as you do NOT want to bring these home or worse yet to a friends. Run from this place, don't even walk into the office. They acted like they could have cared less. We checked the room and found nothing they said. This was MOST DEFINATELY a bed bug infestation.

Room Tip: Drive past, don't even stop!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tsu4jesus
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I give this motel an excellent rating because the staff were very helpful, the room was very clean, the air conditioner was already on and set at 68 and the price was less than $60. It takes about 5 minutes to drive to six flags great america from this motel. There were plenty of fast food restaurants and a CVS close by as well. Will stay here when spending the night for a great america trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Packerfancheesehead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Howard Johnson Waukegan Great Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan

Been to Motel 6 Waukegan? Share your experiences!