“poor customer service at front desk”
Review of Motel 6 Waukegan

Motel 6 Waukegan
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My brother needed a place to stay and I was leaving town. The rooms were not ready. Asked if they would hold his items until they were ready. They stated that it was not standard practice, had no helpful suggestions and were rude and unfriendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank r0bear
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Waukegan

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Do Not Stay here! Rooms Are Outdated, WI Fi Does Not Work. No Clock In Room, No Drawers, TVs Are Huge, Bulbs Missing From Lamps, Not Enough Outlets In Room, No Hair Dryer, I Asked For More Towels And Wouldn't Give Us More, Stay Up The Road At Ramada.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank smerritt1
Reviewed 4 September 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My husband and I stayed here for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary. We had changed our reservation, but this location cancelled it completely. They had 1 remaining room, but it was a downgrade. We had to pay the same price. We were charged for the night we had cancelled. Our room was disgusting. I came home with bites on my face, neck, and leg. There was feces and snot on the walls. We killed 5 spiders during our 2 night stay. (We left early and skipped the last day because the room was soooo disgusting). There were dead bugs smashed on the walls. There were stains on the floor, walls and on the bedding. The air conditioner sounded like a truck running through the room every time it kicked in. The refrigerator buzzed throughout the night. The mattresses were stained terribly. There were holes in the comforter, blankets, sheets and pillows. The front desk clerk said this was not her fault. The housekeeper stated this is not her problem. The manager was ok...but did nothing but refund our money for the night we did not stay. The 2nd night our keys did not work. We were told it was because it must have been by a credit card. I did not have a cc with me. When we got home, I attempted to rectify this issue. Tom at guest relations never called us back. We were told that they cannot help. They transferred it to the location. I received an email from the GM thanking me for my input...that is it. The email address was a no reply address. The email address on the card was not a good address. I have now been told I have to wait another 30 days for a response....RIDICULOUS!!! I was bit, disgusted, and sickened by this inhabitable Motel 6 Waukegan location....DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH...not worth it.

Room Tip: If you want a good room...go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twin0521
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I wasted my time coming to this place, I should have run away at the the entrance when I noticed the broken entry door. I was very tired from driving and thought I'd give them a chance. BIG MISTAKE, upon check in, my room keys didnt work, it wasnt only me, as I went to the desk to notify the attendent there was a short line of other guest complaining about their keys not working. The attendent advised that the manager wasnt on duty and either I'd have to go to the door when my husband wanted to enter our room or she'd be happy to open the door. I WAS TIRED and didnt feel up to doing "door duty" for the night as my husband smokes outside the facility. What's more, the toliet in the dining area ran water contantly, the room reeked of cigarette smoke (I dont smoke and dont care to smell it), I reserved a non-smoking room! This room was on the SMOKER'S FLOOR! It was horrible! I feel sorry for the folks coming into the area to attend the Naval graduations or to enjoy Six Flags Great America, they will be in for a shock at how disgusting and unprofessional this facility is. I requested a refund within 20 minutes of being in this place, I sincerely hope that others steer clear of this establishment as it is in need of major repairs and a deep cleaning.

Room Tip: I wouldnt advise anyone to get a room in this place. I'd rather sleep in my car!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L W
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This place smells of stinky disifenctant spray. The covers on the bed smell like the inside of a bowling shoe. The carpet had a big sticky stain and there was a big crusty looking 'something' on the bathroom floor. There was a half used roll of toilet paper sitting on top of the empty roll holder. The guy at the counter was rude and gave us incorrect information. He told us that we would have a shuttle to the Navy base where we were attending graduation, for as long as one was needed. Truth was there was only one shuttle ride very early in the morning. This room is not worth the 66.00 they charged. We moved to another place and for 20.00 more got an excellent 4 star hotel. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was very skeptical to read mixed reviews abt this motel 6. Went there for my son's Naval Graduation from his bootcamp. Upon checking in we noticed Staff was super friendly and on top of everything, the motel was very clean, its grounds & rooms were clean and well equipped. The bed we had (room #220) was very good; seem liked a brand new matress...haha. There was absolutely nothing else I would improve. Me and wife had a great stay. Thank you motel 6 and its staff.

Room Tip: Try their King sizes. It had better quality mattresses than Queen size rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Staying at this location for my brother's RTC Graduation at Great lakes. The motel is only 10 mins away from the base. Staff is great! Very polite and helpful! Rooms are dated and could use things like flat screen TVs, hair dryers, irons, etc. but room is very spacious and clean! Beds are very comfortable! In short, for $50 bucks it can't get any better than this especially when all other hotels in the area wants to charge 70+!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Felicia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Motel 6 Waukegan? Share your experiences!