“Good value priced hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
York, Pennsylvania
“Good value priced hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We traveled to Waukegan for our sons graduation from Great Lakes RTC. We were traveling on a very tight budget and ABVI fit the bill.

Hotel is small but well maintained. Rooms are clean and spacious. Equipped with the standard mini-fridge, full size ironing board and iron and one-cup coffee pot.

Beds are comfortable and pillows are very nice (not the standard flat as a pancake variety!). Bathroom is large.

Pool is small but clean.

Staff is what makes this hotel a great place to stay. All went out of their way to make our trip as easy as possible. Restaurants suggestion, directions to and from the base, even loaned me their laptop to check-in online for our return flight.

For those traveling on a budget I recommend the ABVI.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

My wife and I drove up from the other side of chicago for my daughters graduation and didn't feel like driving back (chicago traffic is horrible), and we chose to stay at this hotel because they seemed to have all the amenities we were looking for: internet, breakfast, king size bed, and indoor pool. The price was great for the amenites and cleanliness.
The best part of our stay there was how helpful the staff was. They had directions and maps ready for us of the area that listed restaurants and shopping etc. And they are super close to the naval base and six flags great america.
I'm planning a six flags trip with my family this summer and i'm definitely going to stay here since they have discounted tickets and a free shuttle to the park.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
dallas,Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

Recently I had to travel to Waukegen, IL for business and chose to stay at Americas Best Value. Their WIFI worked super and the rooms were large and very clean. I usually stay in Marriots and Hiltons, but my secretary set me up there and I have to say that place is just as good and I payed only $69. The pool seemed nice but never got a chance to use it, but I did check the water and it was heated (wish I brought my swimming shorts!! maybe next time)

What I liked the best was the fact that the hotel staff was extremely knowledgable. It was my first time there and didn't know where anything was and the people there really helped me with directions and to find good places to eat.

One advice, me being from Dallas, Chicago is very very cold!!!! Make sure you invest in a coat before you go. I thought my suit coat would be good enough...ended up buying a coat there...

• Liked — WIFI, service, and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
redlands, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

I was pleasantly surpirsed. It was old but kept clean and stocked. The people that ran the front desk were very helpful and attentive. It was a great stay for the price and I would stay again.

• Liked — the people and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008
naperville, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my family for my son's graduation at the Navy base. The staff was awesome, they were very helpful with all our needs. The room was comfortable and the pool well heated. The breakfast wasnt the greatest, but its a free continental; wish they had hot breakfast. Overall i was very satisfied with this facility.

• Liked — clean, friendly staff, and updated facilities
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2007

We stayed here Nov 14-19 in one of the suites at the rear. The room was clean, comfortable and very convienient with no stairs to gain entry. We were here for Navy graduation and this location is very convienient to Naval base. There is a lack of decent restaurants adjacent to the hotel but we did not find the drive to Gurnee Mills mall area bad.

The staff was very pleasant and accomodated all requests quickly. We would stay here again. It is not 5 star but more than acceptable.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
midwest, usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

We stayed here for a realitive's navy graduation, They advertised a shuttle, after check in they told us they only drive there 1 time and if graduation runs late they only return once at a certain time, there is no sign up, just first come first served at 6 am, the fire alarms went off all night, once my dad went to the desk at 3 am to see what was going on, the employee was sleeping at the desk, the rooms smelled stale and the pool was filthy, do not waste your time or money, navy familys should steer clear of this hotel

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank myjeepsalemon

Travellers are raving about these Waukegan hotels