Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
US$64
US$200
Travelocity
US$73
All reviewsgreat lakesfree laundry roomevery amenitynavy graduationsmall kitchensmoking and non smokingfront desk stafffull kitchenenjoyed our staywalmart supercenterwashers and dryersroom was spaciousan extended stayexcellent place to staysafe areawatch tveasy access
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had stayed in this hotel with my family on a long term business trip, this hotel was good and was economical. but felt the room was very small for the stay with family. one dis-advantage was there was no business center computer for us to browse or to take print-outs. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Robie S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear DuraimuruganTM:

Thank you for the four star rating and thanks for staying at the Candlewood Suites Waukegan while you were in the Waukegan, IL area. In the event you are in the area again, please inquire of the availability of one of our one bedroom suites which accommodate a family of four nicely. In addition our property does offer a complimentary business center that includes printer and scanner capabilities adjacent to the front desk.

Best regards,
Robie Sustayta
Area General Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am currently in Chicago on long term business. Candlewood Suites is an excellent choice for those that need an extended stay option. The staff has been wonderful to my group, starting from the front desk staff to Sara, the sales director. They have been very accommodating to our needs. The rooms are nice and clean on every trip. With a fridge, stove and microwave in every room, and a grill outside, you don't have to eat out all the time. I have stayed at a few places in The Chicago area over the past few months, and none compare to my experience at Candlewood Suites. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you have long term hotel stay need.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip. There is a newness and freshness to this place that makes it very appealing. As in other hotels of this chain, there is a nice kitchenette, work area, and big bathroom. Dependable Wi-Fi, and comfortable bed. First time here, but as I make business trips to this area a few times a year, will definitely keep this hotel in mind.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a wonderful time at this facility. We used it as a home base while attending the 110th Anniversary of Harley Davidson in Milwaukee. It was the closest room I could find, but after talking to many people we got an exceptional value. This hotel was close to many dining options and major highways. I liked the fact it set in a quiet area (on the edge of an industrial park). The rooms were very clean, and the bed was perfect. All the staff that we encountered were also above and beyond nice and friendly.! Will definitely recommend this place to others and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank headymac
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Well I am in town again and this was hotel 1 of 4 during my visit. Initially I was to stay here for 3 days but..Well let me explain. I arrived at the front desk and after checking in I received my priority member gift and was able to spin the wheel for a free gift. My prize was 1000 points & as of today I never received those! Next I go in my non smoking, handicap accessible room and immediately started itching!! The floors felt like there was some type of water damaged so as I walk I go up and down (WEIRD)!! Next I check the room for insects and in the beginning didnt see any. About 1 hour later a bug came from no where & I killed it. Now it is summer so a bug can come in from anywhere so I let that go. Next the family above me hopped around all day. I called the front desk she apologized and said it should end by the end of the night she did offer to call them for me. So finally after itching like crazy I decided to go to bed. I go to turn back the cover and I see a crawling bug!!! I was livid!! I called downstairs for a new room and was told they were sold out! I was so upset because I noticed I got bit and was bleeding!!
I immediately packed up my things at 130AM and proceeded downstairs there was no way I was sleeping there! YUCK! By the way let me mention that while I was telling the guy this time about the bugs over the phone he HUNG UP ON ME!! REALLY??? I am the victim not him! So he eventually called back as I packed up and apologized for HANGING UP!!! And offered to find me a hotel in the area at 130AM! Did I mention it was 130AM and I was alone, OUT OF STATE!! So he offers the Ramada(which is NOT their brand).. anyway I leave and go across to the Holiday Inn Express which I will rate next. So I call the manager who couldnt be reached at 130am and she said before she could do anything to make me happy she would need to call an exterminator!! I could care less if the next person is going to leave bleeding.. I am out stranded in the middle of no where and have to find a new hotel for 3 days, I left balling at 130am does she think I just do that for a freaking living?? After 4 calls to me she offered some points for their hotel brand!!
MY EXPERIENCE WAS HORRIBLE I WILL NEVER COME BACK she basically did not care about my needs, I had to throw my bloody PJS out and my food and cookware that was in the freezer NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!! I showed the guy at the front desk my bites by the way and added the photos here along with my PJS that had to be thrown away

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank msbrebre
Robie S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Msbrebre:

I was so sorry to hear about your experience at the Candlewood Suites Waukegan. Please know that we strive to make each and every guests stay a complete delight, but unfortunately from time to time we do fall short of some guests expectations.

I was however glad to hear that your entire stay was refunded for your inconvenience and in addition were awarded 10,000 priority club points. Please enjoy them.

In addition, please rest assured that we took the liberty of having a professional pest control company inspect the guestroom immediately after your departure and no evidence of any bugs were found.

Best regards,