“Navy graduation”

Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Chose the property because of reviews on TA. Had to make a change in rooms on the day of arrival in that my son went with me at the last minute. They were able to accommodate on the spot. Room was clean, new carpet, new floor and sink in bathroom. Beds were comfortable. maids did an outstanding job making beds and cleaning room each day of stay. The front desk employees were outstanding. Provided maps and information for the graduation and local restaurants and attractions. They also provided great information on visiting Chicago also. The inn is very close to the combat center. They provided transportation each way, although the van could use an update. Morning breakfast was great cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, and waffles. There are several fast food locations with in walking distance. All the desk front desk employees were exceptional. Would highly recommend them if you are going to the navy graduation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jgc760
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I traveled to Chicago for the first time in March of this year. Myself and my family checked into the Red Roof after checking into another hotel but then checking back out within 30 mins. We were greeted by the awesome front desk attendant named Jeremy. Jeremy was very professional, helpful and he went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Our check-in was fast and smooth. Not only did Jeremy get us checked in quickly he made sure that our every need was met. We were there for 3 wonderful nights and 4 days. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The service was EXCELLENT!!!!!!! If you are ever in Waukegan, IL I suggest the Red Roof Inn. I have traveled around the United States as well as other countries. My experience in Waukegan @ Red Roof Inn has been one of the best ever. My trip to Chicago was a GREAT experience greatly in part because of my experience at the Red Roof Inn. Management is very lucky to have someone like Jeremy greeting their customers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michell S
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We ended up at the Red Roof Inn after having reservations for a different hotel. The front desk clerk, Jeremy, was awesome. He was very caring and understanding of our situation. He checked us in and personally came to our room after we was settled to check on us and to apologize for the treatment of the other hotel. The rooms was clean and the beds comfortable. We traveled with 3 teenage kids and he went out of his way to have games and stuff for the kids to do at night after spending the day with our Sailor.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel does not have a pool I would highly recommend it when traveling for Navy Grad...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennie L
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Ok, I called this number off the flyer and was surprised at the customer service I received from GM Ken. he was so informative about the city and the Graduation process. He was patient, kind and talked with a smile. God drew me to call that number 1st. I will keep you all posted and update when I get there for my Son's Graduation!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Coby C
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our stay at the Red Roof in was great. Our son graduated from bootcamp on 2/8 and we wanted to stay close to the Naval Station. When my husband made the reservations, he didn't write down the confirmation number. So, I had to go down the list of Red Roof Inns and call since we were not familiar with Chicago at all. I called 2 others before I got the right one with our reservations. They were rude and not helpful at all. When I called Waukegan, I spoke with Montel and he found our reservations. He was very friendly on the phone. We got there early Thursday and were able to check in. Our room was nice and clean. The service was great and the price was right. Thanks, to Montel, Jeremy and Amelia. They made our stay stressless. The continental breakfast was good also. I personally just needed coffee. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor. Close to the stairs. We had a great view of street; which we liked to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsclark78
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Roof in Waukegan IL. The staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to help us in every way. We had some family business near by and this Red Roof Inn was $20 cheaper than other hotels in the area, but that may be because the Red Roof sits back off the main road (120).

If they would have had an elevator, it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Get one on the first floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph1379
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My son Graduated from Boot Camp on 2/8. We chose them because they sounded friendly on the phone and offered good price clean and nice environment and free shuttling to and from the Navy site. Being from Fla and it was snowing in their area (I hate driving in the snow) we asked about getting shuttling from ORD. They provided us with good info. We received all they promised. Thanks to Manager Ken and associate Martel who made our trip recommendable. Definitely would return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank donmar123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago

Been to Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan? Share your experiences!