“Room was nice”

Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
“Room was nice”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

After leaving another hotel my family and I came upon this hotel at 4am after talking with ken who allowed my wife to see the room first he went out his way to assure my wife who was still Visible upset the room was nice the staff was nice there continental breakfast could use some work but over all I enjoyed my stay

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Willie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Outstanding customer service from all staff. Ken (manager) definitely knows what customer service means. I am in hotels across the US all year long due to my work. I have decided to stay in this hotel instead of renting an apartment even though I will be here for 1 year working. Have not had a cleaner hotel or better staff in past 8 years anywhere in the US. There is a small exercise room which is always a plus. I will be there through 2015 and I am extremely satisfied.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but the king suite is outstanding.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Waukegan
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel for serval days. The rooms were decent for the price, but the customer service was excellent! They were hands down the friendliest hosts I've ever encountered, and I work in a business where I'm at hotels a lot for wedding receptions. It is also very close to the Navy base (if you are in town for a graduation). It's also within walking distance of several restaurants. They also have free wifi, breakfast, and vending machines. Once again, the rooms are decent for the money but the customer service is worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Grady19
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was very helpful...especially Chris! Everything from recommending places to eat to printing our return boarding passes was handled with a genuinely courteous smile. The room was clean & at a good price. Somebody give that young man a raise!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marianne H
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

we made a quick weekend to see lighthouses and Lake Michigan. The hotel was very clean, and quiet. having been the middle of the week there was very little activity. fast check in and the continental breakfast was fresh and all areas of hotel were clean and odor free

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy M
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We arrived on Christmas Eve and stayed 11 nights so we could see our son on Christmas and his graduation from naval boot camp. That left us 9 days in a strange town in the midst of 2 snow storms! This hotel made all the difference. Ken and Luis went out of their way to find places open on Christmas for our visit with our son, and then detailed descriptions of sites in both Chicago and Wisconsin to visit on the other days. Thanks to them, we had a blast! The hotel is clean, the coffee is ready very early and our room was always clean after we returned from our outings. Everybody wears a big smile. After being there so long, we felt we were leaving family!! If we ever return to visit the area, we won't even consider another hotel. Also, we were amazed at how low the final bill was. We most definitely got our money's worth!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D and L B
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The room was large, clean and functional and the bed was comfy. It was also very quiet but only a few rooms were occupied on the night I stayed. Just a couple of issues. The continental breakfast (rare for a Red Roof Inn) was sparse and had been removed entirely before my wife went down to grab a bite during their breakfast hours. We needed a roll-away and got one at no charge but it was really old. It would not remain folded up and the mattress was brutally lumpy. There was a flat screen TV but channel selections were slim and I could not even find ESPN.
All in all, this was the nicest Red Roof Inn I have stayed at...but this franchise doesn't set the bar very high. That being said, I would stay again if I was in this area.

Room Tip: Superior King rooms have more room and two chairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelTruth61

Travellers are raving about these Waukegan hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan? Share your experiences!