“Great Hotel!”

Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel is a great location for the Gurnee area. The rooms were clean. Overall very good hotel. The lobby and pool area were great. Would love to see the rooms updated soon! Would also be nice to have some sort of night reception for guests.

1  Thank travelformechicago
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Travel from Chicago,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home while in Waukegan! We really appreciate your taking the time to let other travelers know what a great place the Courtyard is to stay!
I am happy to let you know that in January, all of 149 rooms will be remodeled. Including new beds, decor, and more! We are all very excited and we hope you'll get the opportunity to come check us out!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

What an amazing stay. My in-laws and I had booked rooms at another hotel for Thursday 8/30 thru Saturday 9/1. After one night at the other hotel I was ready to run. That Friday of graduation while my sailor was getting his things ready for leave I went to the Courtyard to ask to see a room and inquire about the available rates. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful willing to answer my questions, they were incredibly polite and showed me a room on the ground floor. Needless to say I booked the room immediately and stayed there until Tuesday morning. The room are spotless, the cleaning crew is amazing and so friendly and the front desk staff made navigating through Waukegan a breeze. I am going back and staying here in October because there is no need to look anywhere else.

Room Tip: second floor balcony nice and quiet
2  Thank Amelly M
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Amelly M,

Our team is thrilled that we were able make your journey from New Jersey a pleasant one as well as help you navigate your Waukegan visit! It's not easy being in a place you're not familiar with and we are honored to serve our military families!

Thank you for sharing your experience with other families so they can trust that we will take good care of them too!

I have my calendar flagged for your return in October and I'm looking forward to thanking you in person!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have to tell you that this place was so nice and the entire staff made me feel at home and took care of every need. If you are a Navy family and are going to look for a place to stay this is a wonderful option. After graduation we came back to the hotel with our new sailor. The courtyard is a relaxing and great place to just sit and talk. The bistro inside serves good food and made sure that we were well taken care of. It was like sitting in our home. We could just relax and talk or we could take the train to downtown Chicago. They provided a shuttle to the graduation and got us there in plenty of time to enjoy the ceremony. It is close by and the morning of graduation they had three or four shuttles to make sure all the families were taken care of and nobody had to worry about parking at the base. After graduation we were taken back to the hotel by the cab company that they recommended. I never felt like we were overcharged and the cab company took very good care of us. The rooms are nice not overdone but the bed was comfortable and was clean. The price was good and we felt like we got a great deal for the time that we stayed there. I would highly recommend this hotel to whomever is thinking about staying there.

Room Tip: If you enjoy sitting outside I would get courtyard side room on the lower level. It is so nice and...
3  Thank sasparilla97

Dear Judi D,

Congratulations on your new Navy Grad!!

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for your phenomenal review. Your review has placed us as the number one hotel in Waukegan on Trip Advisor! We are now ranked #1 out of 16 in Waukegan and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your great experience with other travelers!! I will also pass on your generous feedback to Flash Cab, they are the company that provides our shuttle service for graduation.

Thank you again very much for taking the time to help us to reach that number one spot! We are proud, humbled and honored to serve you!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

The General Manager and her staff put on one heck of a show on Wednesday. It was the first game of the NFL season and they did it up right!! Thanks for taking such good care of me while i stayed in Gurnee. It sure makes you feel good when you are on the road traveling and you walk into a hotel to see a nice smile. With that smile comes great customer service. Keep it up you guys and keep having fun!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Wiley C
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Wiley C,

I can't thank you enough for such a rave review! The team is very proud! We are thrilled you enjoyed our Football Kick-off party and you can look forward to our Football parties every Thursday night until the, “Big Game!"

There was a contest for all Courtyards - whichever Courtyard had the best kick-off party, would win a big team party with a visit from the VP of Courtyard Brand Marketing. If we win, YOU'RE INVITED!! :)

We look forward to your return visit!

Heartfelt thanks,
Christine and the Courtyard Crew!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

First floor courtyard rooms were excellent. Conveniences available were wonderful too. If it wasn't provided hotel customer services went the extra mile to get it for you. Room was spotless without over powering chemical cleaning smells. Bedding changed on demand and towels provided fresh every day, smelled fresh from the laundry. Tripadvisor rates this hotel three stars out of five. Customers rate it four and a half stars out of five. That's due to the awesome management and outstanding customer service. I changed our reservations from another hotel and was not disappointed. Courtyard Marriott was located in a safe well lit location with plenty of shops and places of entertainment.

Room Tip: If you want courtyard access ask for it. If you want anything ask for it...this hotel is managed by...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank L-J N
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Coventry,

Thank you for posting your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Our team is proud that we were able to, "Go the distance" for you! Your generous feedback is very much appreciated. We were thrilled that you used the verbiage from our incentive program, "Go the Extra Mile!" We take that seriously and are happy to have done this for you!

On behalf of the whole Courtyard Crew, we thank you!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here the weekend of August 17th for my son'r Navy Graduation and could not be more pleased and satisfied. The front desk was very helpful, they had an interactive map to assist in locating restaurants. The room was spotless, lobby area immaculate and decorated in very modern decor. All typs of dining close buy and very accomidating if you are attending any function @ Great Lakes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cburton
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Cburton,

Congratulations on your new Navy Grad!! Thank you so much for the outstanding feedback on your visit! We enjoy taking part in all the celebrations!!

You might want to check out our Facebook page, we captured some of our new sailors after graduation and featured them on our site! (Courtyard by Marriott Waukegan)

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew, we salute you!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have stayed here many times on business. Very convenient location, close to shopping and restaurants. Excellent service. I also like the breakfast. I have also satyed at the SpringHill Suites across the street, and I personally prefer the SpringHill suites, more modern and bigger rooms, but the Courtyard is a good choice as well.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Couplewithtwobabies
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Couple with two babies,

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

The best thing about Marriott is that there is a product for every traveler! I'm thrilled that you have enjoyed your visits in our many different brands!

I thought I would take this time to tell you that in addition to the Courtyard's new internet upgrade and brand new lobby/Bistro renovation, this January all of our 149 rooms will be renovated bringing you the most updated modern conveniences and comfort!

Next time you are visiting please ask for me so I can thank you in person!

Christine
PS: Love the name and hope you are getting some needed sleep in our delightful Marriott hotels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!