“Great Hotel”

Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel was great to stay at for business. The rooms were clean and service excellent. The breakfast was underwhelming and often took longer than I would have liked. Overall, the room quality and front desk staff would make me choose this hotel over any other in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nads82
Christine T, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Nads82,

We're so thrilled you enjoyed our clean rooms and warm hospitality while traveling to Waukegan on business. We take pride in making a welcome home away from home for you.

Thank you for the feedback on your breakfast experience, we will certainly look for ways to enhance. Please let me know the next time you are visiting, I would love to greet you in person.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Tammy and Kelly made the trip an enjoyable one for my son and me. They provided useful local information as well as provided great service within the hotel. The hotel was clean and food was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank F4D5

Dear F4D5,

We are so honored you chose the Courtyard Waukegan to stay while spending some fun family time!

I'm thrilled that our guest service extraordinaires, Kelly and Tammy were able to make your stay even more enjoyable. You certainly made their day.

We hope to welcome your family again soon - stay tuned for our new Six Flags package!

Christine, Tammy, Kelly and the Courtyard Crew

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great Hotel, great facilities

there is a gym, swimming pool and Jacuzzi, great range of food at breakfast and some great local restaurants to eat at, but I recommend you have your own transport, all of the staff were above and beyond what I expected, my room was very clean and comfy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank latus74

Dear Iatus74,

Thank you for the "Fantastic" Review! We think you're fantastic too!

We are so glad you enjoyed all of our recreation facilities and your clean comfy room. Our team is honored to serve our Navy families and we are so grateful you chose us.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We drive up for Navy graduation from SC and we got in about 1 on that Thursday afternoon. Even though check in is at 3, they got us a room so we could relax from the long drive. If you like them on Facebook, you get a rubber bracelet which was pretty cool. They also send an email on the day of your arrival that if you want to add things for the graduation to your room, you can do so. We didn't do that. I kept having issues with my room card not working well, but I found out that if you keep it near your phone, it tends to wipe it out. I did not know this. If you ever have the opportunity to deal with Kelly Rose, your day will be better for it. The girl was ON HER GAME! They do offer shuttle service to the Navy graduation, but it is $3 per person each way with the option to bring your graduate back to the hotel on the returning shuttle for an additional $3. We opted to drive. The pool is nicely warmed, and the hot tub works wonderfully. The room was clean and had plenty of space, but the beds could use additional pillows. The Starbucks that is there...invest in a frappuccino machine. There's a Starbucks across the road too, but it was cold so it was a bummer to have to go outside just to get a frappuccino. Otherwise, it was all good. I also want to add a quick shout-out to the Sundance Saloon since they aren't listed on Trip Advisor and they aren't a restaurant...many thanks for them letting Sarge do his meet and greet with the Navy families.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MizTerry

Dear Miz Terry,

Thank you for the "Outstanding" review! We are so thrilled you enjoyed all of our Navy Family amenities and the warm hospitality of Ms. Kelly Rose! She was delighted to be mentioned by name.

I'm happy to report that within six weeks we will be updating our key system to the new RFID technology and we will never have to worry about the key being demagnetized again! Yay! Thank you for your patience.

On behalf of our entire crew, we congratulate your family and graduate!

Christine, Kelly and the Courtyard Crew

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The customer service is top notch as soon and you walk through the door .....and is that way by all staff members until you leave. Totally impressed me! Room was very nice, clean and comfortable, nice rate. We were in town to see a show at the Genesee Theatre. Everything was convenient and close by. I would return and recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank auggie2016

Dear Ollie 1,

Thank you for choosing us while in town to see an amazing show at the Genesee! What a beautiful theater.

We are thrilled you enjoyed our hospitality and comforts of home. Come back and visit us this summer with a Six Flags package! The new Goliath roller coaster is opening soon!

We hope to serve you again,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at this Hotel to attend the Navy Graduation. Arrived early Thursday morning and was able to check-in, for this I was very happy. Had a very pleasant and helpful girl at the front desk and she was also the one who checked us out early Saturday morning.
This Hotel is near Walmart and many eatting options. We also walked from here to the Sundance Saloon to attend Sarge's Meet and Greet on Thursday night.
Rooms were clean and quiet. And free wifi that allowed us to Skype.
When we got back with our Sailor after Graduation he was greeted and congratulated. And there were free cookies and something to drink available in the Lobby.
We ordered food and got a call to our room when it was ready.
I had read previous reviews on TripAdvisor and chose this Hotel based on those reviews and I was not disappointed. RTC is about 15mins away. I would recommend this Hotel to those attending the Graduation.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Poisonarrowz

Dear Poisonarrowz,

Thank you for the "Perfect" review to let other travelers know the great experience they too will receive! We're thrilled you enjoyed our Navy friendly amenities and the close proximity to all the local attractions.

On behalf of our entire team, we congratulate the new graduate and wish your family all the best!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff was friendly and hospitable. Tina was especially attentive and accommodating to my family and myself. We were staying at the Courtyard to attend my little Brother's Navy graduation visiting from CA. Lastly, I cannot stress enough how accommodating the staff was by allowing my mom to borrow their personal hairspray. Thank you!!!!! You made our visit stress free and enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Jennifer N.

I never leave home without my hairspray! So happy to help, we know everyone needs to be looking their best for graduation.

Thank you for the fantastic review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your clean refreshing room and warm hospitality. You REALLY made Tina's day with your generous comments. We were sure to recognize her in our afternoon meeting.

On behalf of our entire Courtyard Crew, we congratulate your new Navy Grad.

Christine, Tina and the Courtyard Crew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan

Been to Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!