“Great Place to stay for Navy Graduation”

Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Carver, Minnesota, United States
“Great Place to stay for Navy Graduation”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights for our son's graduation from Navy Boot Camp. Staff was so accomodating, no matter what we needed. Breakfast was very good. We had issues with the people above us being loud at all times of the night. Staff took care of that & called to inform us it was taken care of. Room was well kept & housekeeping did a great job during our stay. Very conveniently located to the Naval base, along with easy access to other attractions. The beds were soooo comfortable. No problems with the wi-fi. We didn't make it to any of the manager's receptions so cannot comment on that. This will be our hotel of choice when in the area again. Keep up the great customer service!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Another very satisfied and Proud Navy parent! Thank you so much DonnaF for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to see your son. I'm pleased to hear our team was prompt in addressing your concerns regarding your neighbor. Our associates genuinely care and make a daily commitment to ensure they provide a special experience for all of our guests. Best of luck to your son. We can't wait to see you again.
Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had weeks to plan our stay for my daughters US Navy Boot Camp Graduation. I struggled over locations close to the base, but eventually decided on Residence Inn. My Wife and other daughter met my Mom at O'hare and we all stayed in one Suite, quite comfortably. My niece drove in from Detroit and we added her in at the desk. The staff brought bed linens for the pull out sofa. Pickup up my daughter, daily from the Base and ate Breakfast for all for less than $120/night. There is no way we could have stayed anywhere else, had a fine breakfast and we were able to cook in our suite as well. All that would have cost much more separately. So impressed that Residence Inn is now our preferred stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank myles136
Myles136,
Congratulations on your daughter's graduation from Navy boot camp! You should be very proud. We know there are many other hotels you could've chosen and we are so happy you stayed with us. After reading your comments we see you too are happy with your decision. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night; location is convenient to US 41 and access back to I-94, but hotel is RIGHT beside Waukegan Rd, which is a very busy and at times, noisy street (especially since my room faced the road).

Rooms are recently renovated and well taken care of. Breakfast was decent, but furnishings in the gatehouse are a bit too big for the space.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the value but would recommend getting a room not facing Waukegan Rd.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ktown_traveller04
Thank you for staying with us ktown_traveller04. We aim to please all of our guests. Although you felt the new Gatehouse space was a bit small we're glad you felt our hotel was a good value. We will make every attempt to honor any requests for a room away from the road during your future trips to our area. We can't wait to see you again.
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is an AWESOME hotel.
This was a stay with Marriott Points - however, will definitely stay again even if we have to pay. :)
Hotel location: A few miles from Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall and Six Flags.
Staff: Welcoming - courteous - friendly - professional
ROOM: Great - Super clean - very nice size - Large fridge; sink; etc... Separate living area; Two Large TVs (1 in living area - the other in the bedroom) which is a nice touch since normally other hotels will have the large TV in the living area and a very small one in the bedroom.
The furniture was modern; comfortable; the bed and pillows were great. Actually had a really good night's sleep.
Coffee/Tea available; nice size vanity and bathroom.
Breakfast: Very, very good. Great selection; hot and cold. Also a Manager's reception - which I forgot about :( - but the Hubby was able to try the meatballs and he said they were delicious. We stayed here on a Monday night; So this may be a nightly Manager's reception - and if so - don't miss it! Oh, and complimentary soda/pop; beer and wine. And that so needed Wi-Fi which worked well.
Overall just great. This will definitely be our hotel of choice when we are back in Gurnee!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EVIEGrandRapids
EVIEGrandRapids,
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member. We are so happy you to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your birthday/retirement get-away. It is our goal to provide the highest level of guest experience for every guest, every stay. We look forward to seeing you during future trips to the Waukegan/Gurnee area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and would highly recommend it if staying in the area. Can not say enough about the staff and the manager. I had already checkout and when leaving the facility I encountered a dead battery in my rental. The desk offered to jump the battery but we were unable to find the lock in the door to open it. I needed to call road service for assistance. I also needed to get to my appointment on time. The desk offered to take care of my car and leave my luggage at the hotel. The manager Dave offered to give me a ride to my meeting which by the way was at least 20 mins away. He drove me to the meeting and I arrived on time. I later returned to the hotel with everything taken care of. Thank you again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hello Ecrfish,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments about the "outstanding service" you received while staying with us. Our amazing team is committed to being there for our guests and responding to all needs. We're thrilled to have been able to provide you with such an awesome experience. I understand the importance of being prompt so it was truly my pleasure ensuring you arrived at your meeting on time. Although we hope you're not in that situation again, we would happily do it all over for you. Looking forward to seeing you should you travels bring you back to Waukegan. Best Regards!
new jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family stayed at this Residence Inn while we were here for my son's graduation on May 10th from Navy boot camp. Our 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our 2 families-my daughter's family and mine. The rooms were very chic with new remodelling,and the living room spacious for our 5 adults and 2 young children. New appliances in the kitchen with granite countertops..fireplace completed the look. My son was able to come and visit and we did not feel crowded. We got the Navy weekend rate. Accomodating staff, good breakfast, and as my daughter said "It feels like home!". The public areas are also nice. I would recommend this hotel for families looking to stay for Navy graduation! I would stay in another Residence Inn based on our experience here. Kathy

Room Tip: we had a room on the second floor with a fireplace.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank library1
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a fabulous review. Our team takes great pride in providing all of our guests with the best possible experience each and every day. They were so happy to hear you all are now a part of our special Residence Inn fan club. Congratulations to your son and the rest of your family on his graduation. We're thrilled to be able to share in such a proud moment in your lives. Wish him the best of luck from all of us. We hope to see you all again soon.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Perfect location of a residence inn for any families attending navy training graduation services as we were. Clean, spacious, comfortable suite, but current dining area extremely poorly designed. Hopefully a temporary setup while a better arrangement Is made.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!