“Great service”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Great service”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Dave and his management team made me feel special....I really enjoyed my stay. Everything from finding restuarants, to making sure breakfast was just right to candy in my room....I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Ray,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and for your high recommendation. Our team is truly passionate about service. I'm thrilled to hear they succeeded in making you feel special as this is always their focus. It was a pleasure to meet you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed there because my brother had a graduation here. It was not easy to find here for us, because we were from NYC. If people don't have a navigation in the car with them, it will be little bit hard to find here, but it was really nice hotel. The employees were so nice and helpful. The breakfast area was cozy (I felt it's more like a lounge) Somehow we got our room upgraded from Studio to two-room suite. It was really good. The room was clean, fully equipped with pots, cups, plates, and so on. Everything was well-organized in here! Even my parents liked here. We went to a lot of hotels, but this hotel had the best service ever!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Minju333,
Congratulations to your family and especially your brother on his graduation. What a proud moment for everyone and we're so happy to have shared it with you all. We understand that navigating around an unfamiliar city can be a challenge but we're glad you found us. Our associates are truly passionate about service and go above and beyond every day to ensure our guests have the best possible experience. They will be thrilled to hear your comments, We sincerely appreciate your loyalty.
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was displaced by a flood and was not happy. The staff was amazingly warm, friendly, caring and compassionate. Jurine greeted me and checked in on me and met my needs....she even asked my dog sitter to make me a sandwich for later! Brittany took over and also was kind and sweet. There was not an employee that didn't show the utmost in professionalism!
The only down side would be the loud slamming doors to the outside, however they did offer to have maintenance look at them!
I would recommend this location, they all were amazing.
Thank you!

Room Tip: away from the outside doors!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie J
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Julie J,
I'm so happy to hear that our team, especially Jerine and Brittany, went above and beyond to make you comfortable during a tough time. Our associates take pride in providing the highest level of service to every guest, every stay. I will certainly have our Engineering Team take a look at the doors in order to reduce future issues. We wish you the best in getting things restored back to normal at home. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel was a great stay,the best customer service, and good breakfast. From the time I checked in to the time I checked out there was nothing but good, friendly customer service. I was there for my daughters Navy graduation and I really appreciate the 2 oclock check out that was extended to me and my family. I was able to enjoy the graduation and come back to the room to take a quick nap to prepare for the ride back home. When I booked the reservation I had no idea that so many meals was included. On the first night we made it in time for the Indian celebration they had. This was the first time my husband had ever experienced Indian food and he enjoyed it very much. This hotel get all thumbs up, and on my next stay I will be back at this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shonda-12
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Shonda-12,
Our team truly appreciates you taking the time to share your feeback from your recent stay with us. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your first experience with Indian cuisine during our special Diwali celebration event. We try to take the opportunity when we can to show our appreciation for all cultures. Congratulations to your daughter and your family on her recent graduation from Navy boot camp. What a proud accomplishment. Please wish her all the best. Be sure she know that our Residence Inn Family thank her for her service to our wonderful country. We hope to see you again.
Waukegan IL
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Been staying for weeks now. The hotel staff is warm, hospitable and engaged - this is a very well run hotel and gives you the feel of a family run establishment... David (GM of the hotel) leads a team of motivated, happy employees - my home away from home!

Room Tip: pretty happy with all the rooms i have seen.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Mukund,
As we like to say..."I AM RESIDENCE INN & I BELIEVE!". Our team draws its inspiration from this and is highly motivated every day to deliver that "Home Away From Home" level of service to their guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and continuing to make the Residence Inn Waukegan your preferred hotel and Marriott your preferred hotel company. You have been Residized and now you too can say "I BELIEVE!".
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hands down, this place was great. We had a mix of small children and young adults and were in town to see my daughter's navy graduation. The hotel staff was wonderful. Bonus: they arrange shuttles right to the base for graduation, which I was very thankful we had when the traffic was backed up at 7 am. Breakfast was good. The kids especially liked the basketball and tennis courts on the property. There are cheaper places to stay in the area but do you really want to bring your graduate back to a hole-in-the-wall hotel to rest?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LawyerMommy100
LawyerMommy100,
What a truly exciting time for your family. We're glad to see everyone enjoyed the amenities and services we have to offer. Our Sport Court is a popular place where our families can gather and have some fun. The hotel team is very service focused and prides itself in standing out amongst others. We're so happy you made the Residence Inn your first choice. Congratulations to you all and best of luck to your daughter.
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed two nights. Clean room, clean smell. excellent bed. Awesome breakfast! Staff was very helpful to suggest a place for a true Chicago dog. I really appreciate the earlier breakfast time for the day of Navy PIR. The ONLY thing I would ask for is earlier breakfast on SA - had to meet our sailor at O'Hare too early for breakfast. Would recommend this place to others. Job well done!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dave C, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you ALC4! There's just nothing like a true Chicago Hot Dog. We're happy to see we were successful in providing you a clean and comfortable stay. Please extend our team's sincerest THANKS to your Sailor for their service. Graduation time is truly exciting and we're glad to be a part of such a proud moment in your lives.
Dave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!