“Ok if you dont want to sleep” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee

Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Evansville, Indiana
“Ok if you dont want to sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Front lobby looked nice, and staff was also nice! The hallways smelt of a old and musty! It is the perfect place to stay if you want to party all night! It felt like we were in a college dorm, there was partying in the halls and in rooms, guest were very loud with no concerns about other guests! tried calling front desk at 1am to see if they could do something about the loud guests but no one answered! So all in all if you want to have a rowdey weekend this is the place to stay, but if you want to relax and get some sleep then this is probably not the place for you!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ramada W, General Manager at Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear BreCat72,

Thank you for noticing our newly remodeled lobby and generously kind staff. We are continuing remodeling into the hallways to remedy that old and musty appearance you saw. I'm sorry no one could take your call at 1am. Sometimes the night clerk must also serve guests away from the desk and will return shortly.

general manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Springfield, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were in town for Navy graduation with the family. There was an issue getting the room type that we reserved several weeks in advance at check in and had to stay in another room. Lobby men's restroom smelled like a port-a-potty on a hundred degree day during our entire stay (we used it while at the pool). Hallways looked dirty and felt like they were not cleaned regularly. The hot tub was out of order and drained. The pool open an hour after the posted time. There was a strong mildew smell in our room and down the entire hallway. Housekeeping did not leave towels in the room two days in a row and the front desk only had a couple to give us. WiFi did not work the entire time we stayed. The printer in the business center was not working to print boarding passes for our flight. Management was almost non existent. We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank John W
Dear John W.,

Thank you for choosing our Ramada for your Naval Graduation visit. We are privileged to share this proud moment with our guests. Sometimes, room types cannot be guaranteed if an unforeseen maintenance issue arises, and we will subsitute with a similar or better room. I appreciate your patience with our hot tub, it is now fixed and full of hot bubbling water.

general manager

Travellers are raving about these Waukegan hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

After reading all of these reviews I still booked my stay. The bad reviews just kept getting worse. I tried calling to see if any of these things had been fixed, the assured me they were. I told them you guys have really bad reviews online, they told me if I'm so worried about it I should may cancel my stay. So I found space at the navy lodge wroth great reviews and as advised I canceled! ! Thank God I didn't make it there worth my children.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eva D
Dear Eva D.,

I'm sorry you decided not to stay with us.

Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Worse place I have ever stayed at. They offer a free shuttle to and from Six Flags. Get there and they say the shuttle will be back at 10am. At 10:20 no shuttle, so instead hired a sketchy taxi driver that nearly starts a fight in the parking lot upon our arrival to the park. Then call the hotel later to find out how we are going to get back. Offer to call us when the free shuttle has returned to pick us up at 10pm, they neglect to do so, and when we called, they informed us that they really have no idea where the driver is and tell us to take a cab. We got in the a cab, and the the cab driver told us that this isn't the only time that this has happened with them. When we get back to the hotel to talk to them about how horrible they are doing and we are not pleased, the guy gets an attitude with us when I call out the horrible customer service that we have received all day. We then said "we don't even know if we want to stay here." They said it would be unwise to cancel because "Every hotel in the city is booked." So he offers to pay for our room for us. 3 minutes later says okay you are all set. Asked for our key and he said "You just told me you where leaving, so I checked you out." Um No we didn't say we where leaving because we needed a place to stay and you said you would pay for it because of the service. He said "I'm not paying your room." Well formerly well respected Ramada Inn, you're right I will not stay in a place that says one thing and does another. So we took our business to the hotel down the street. Oh, and they did have available rooms. Ramada had the worst service ever, then got an attitude when you tell them that you are not pleased. Never felt more disrespected by a place like they treated us. ALL of the Ramada's have lost my business because of this one place.

Room Tip: Want a good room, and great service go else where!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tiffany549
Ramada W, General Manager at Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Tiffany549,

I am very sorry you were not pleased with our service and I will discuss your experience in detail with my drivers and front desk staff. We do offer free shuttle service to and from Six Flags theme park. If our driver is not available, we will contract a local taxi to shuttle for us.

Waterloo, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and lobby updated. Overall hotel is a little run down but fine for one night before going to six flags. Pool area seems old. Breakfast was ok for a free breakfast. Waffles bagels and fruit. Staff was friendly. Overall good for the price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Becky K.,

Thank you for choosing our Ramada for your Six Flags Great America vacation! We are currently working to update the run down parts of this hotel. Renovations began with the updated lobby. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our free continental breakfast and friendly staff.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Dirty, stinks of sweat, cigarette smoke and feces. Black mold spots on bathroom ceiling. Dried blood on lamp cord. Very unprofessional staff. Did not honor my reservation for the type of room I had booked. No wash cloths or hand towels provided. Manager spends too much time online replying to these reviews when he should be addressing some major issues with the operation of this property. I wish I could give a negative rating.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Jerry F
Dear Jerry F.,

I appreciate that you took the time to give a detailed response of your experience here. Trust that your complaints are all being addressed. Sometimes there are unforeseen maintenance issues that can make some rooms unavailable, and we will make substitutions as needed.

general manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!