“Value for money.”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I visited the Mountain View with my partner and my father on a Monday night. Expected the place to be VERY quiet on a Monday but there were several other diners in, a good sign! My partner had the ham, egg and chips, my father the steak and ale pie and I ordered the original burger. We were served in a reasonable time and the food was excellent value for money. My dad loved his steak and ale pie, and the man has eaten in some top class restaurants! Partner enjoyed his meal, although it does say hand carved ham, and it obviously wasn't, still tasted nice though. I could find no fault with my burger, it was homemade and delicious, as were the chips that accompanied our meals. We were very happy with our food and certainly with the prices, there are also various offers on during the week, curry night etc. The menu reminds me a little of Weatherspoons, similar dishes on offer, but nicer than most I've ever had in my local Weathers!
If I have any complaints they are that the place feels a bit "tired", could do with brightening up. The windowsill next to our table could have done with a clean,and the ladies toilets looked like they would benefit from a wash and brush up. Highchairs were stored near to the ladies toilets in a little corridor and it all looked a bit uncared for. I realise these are little things, but they are the sort of things that put people off as it can feel it perhaps reflects on the cleanliness of the whole place... including the kitchen? I personally have no reason to think it might as our visit was fine, but I would be far more enthusiastic about returning if these were rectified!

2  Thank mywelshwales

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Met 2 friends for lunch and were pleasantly surprised by the good food in this little pub/restaurant.
The soup of the day was served in a decent sized tureen with lovely fresh bread and my veg
option of spinach/ricotta in puff pastry with fries and salad was great.
Did't have desserts but we will next time.......this pub is well worth giving a try and the service was
good too.

2  Thank Hilary R
Reviewed 30 October 2013

First review on the Mountain view. We went on a Monday and had the deal on the grills which entitles you to the cheapest grill for free. I had a surf and turf whilst the wife had a 8oz sirloin. My 11 year old had the classic burger. Both steaks cooked to order and arrived hot and well presented.We also had a bottle of wine and a round of drinks which in all came to a reasonable £35.00. Good service and friendly staff. Great beliver in you get what you pay for and in this instance it was exceeded. First but definately not the last visit. Going to try the curry night next. Enjoy.

1  Thank jubsfawr
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Monday night is grill night where a fabulous gammon, chips, egg, pineapple and peas for two people is £7.95. Fantastic value and so tasty and well presented. We have been at least 10 times over the summer holidays and tried different grills and they've all been fabulous. Staff friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Came here with my friend as we fancied a change from our usual place service and food was very good and was not to expensive we even had a game of pool whilst we waited cannot fault the service! Just the looks you get off some of the grumpy old men which I presume are the regulars. Not the pubs fault and we just laughed it off