“Food OK”

Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in West Dundee
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Food OK”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food is OK, nothing special. Pretty inexpensive and is generally ray quickly. Lots of places to sit. They have some alcoholic beverages too.

West Dundee, Illinois
“local place and fun to eat !”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a very simple fast food , but can order anything from burgers to Mexican...great place to see old movie star pictures and singers and the staff is very nice!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently Bad Experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I have tried Maxwell's 3 times, and our experience has been consistently bad each time. Our latest visit was for dinner tonight. They have signs hanging all around the restaurant saying they have a new pulled pork sandwich. That sounded kind of good, but it was not on the menu board. I asked the cashier how much the sandwich was. She did not know, so she rang one up on her register, and said $6.13. I thought that $6.13 is WAY TOO MUCH to pay for a single sandwich at a fast food restaurant, so I took a pass on that.

Instead I had the pork chop sandwich. There was a sign saying it was on sale for $3. I had one Maxwell Street style with mustard and grilled onions, and a second one with BBQ sauce on it. When we received our food, I looked at the sandwiches. The pork chop 'patties' were not very appetizing looking, and the onions were very watery. My wife said the diet coke tasted very funny. The french fries were good.

We were very grossed out by several cleanliness issues at the restaurant. After we ordered, we walked along the counter. The salad prep area was an absolute disaster, so we were very glad we did not order a salad. I've never seen such a messy looking salad prep area at any restaurant. By the french fry prep area, it was very dirty on the shelves under the fry station. Also, under the fryers, there were a bunch of fries and lids that looked like they had been there a long time. Had we seen the condition the kitchen was in before we ordered, we would have left.

When we went to the drink station to get our drinks, we noticed that in between the 2 drink stations, there is a seam in the stainless steel that looks like it is full of rotten food and bits of trash. Again, this was disgusting, and had we seen this before we ordered, we would have left.

I had to use the men's restroom during our visit. The toilet is not attached onto the seal properly, so it moves back and forth as if it is hanging on by a thread. Every time you flush the toilet, water leaks out from the bottom of the toilet because of the broken seal and onto the floor. Because of this, there is sewage water all over the floor. This needs to be repaired immediately, as it is a health hazard.

An irritating thing is that whenever someone orders something in the drive thru, the person working the drive thru calls it over there speaker system, which also plays on the speakers out in the eating area. This is annoying hearing everyone's drive thru order while you are trying to eat and carry on a conversation.

We have tried to give Maxwells the benefit of the doubt, by going there on 3 separate occasions. Each time has been a disaster, and I can tell you we will not be going back. I believe in supporting local businesses whenever possible, but I will not support a local business that does not care about doing a better job running there operations..

2 Thank The-Road-Tripster
“BURNT FOOD?!?!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I absolutely LOVE a good gyros. If you want one though, this is NOT the place to go. When Maxwell's first opened the food was great and the prices weren't bad. Now, though...Now you're lucky if the meat isn't burnt and the price is so unreasonable for the poor quality of food. Silly me, I keep trying every once in awhile, when I get a craving, even going when there are very few cars in the lot. Apparently, it doesn't matter when you go, how busy or dead they are, the food is always sub-par. I'll just have to drive a half hour to Skippy's Gyros when I get those cravings.

Chicago, Illinois
“Chicago Style Food and Vibe”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Great menu, reasonable prices! Monthly specials make dining here especially affordable. The beef, hot dogs, salads, cheese fries, and burgers are all excellent classic Chicago style fare. The interior is reminiscent of a city diner and was clean when we dined at around 3:30 pm. Definitely a great hole in the wall place to stop!

• Visited February 2014